would this intercooler fit or is it to big? - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
would this intercooler fit or is it to big?
Sunday, January 22, 2006 10:33 PM
I was just looking on Ebay at boostcoolers and I have bought intercoolers from them before for my daytona shelby and they work amazingly. Well I found an intercooler that is overall 33x10x3, will this cooler fit in my front bumper? It is an 02 cavy with the wings west avenger front bumper. I am just concerned about the tubes fitting with that size 33 inches wide is including the spouts.

Thanks,
-Paul

Re: would this intercooler fit or is it to big?
Sunday, January 22, 2006 10:36 PM
My 30" fits behind my bumper, but barely. Depends on how you're going to run the charge pipes in the end, if you can wrap it around real tight and get around the braces in the front, then you should be alright.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Monday, January 23, 2006 11:32 AM
You can make it work.

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Monday, January 23, 2006 1:01 PM
the 30" fits well with me too........

But 10" high might be alittle much ......... unless your going to put it BEHIND the rebar.......... but then your totally defeating the purpose of a LARGE intercooler........... just my thoughts...................................

Mines a 30 x 4 x 2 and this is how it fits.................

The top of the intercooler is butted up against the rebar................. and it hangs 4" down and thats how it looks......................

Hope that helps......

Lee

JDM Civic Hatch
14.224 @ 102.01MPH @ 5.5psi.... 2.3 60'
Next: Civic JDM B16a2 w/GSR LSD Turbo - Goal 300whp 1400lbs...
Monday, January 23, 2006 5:35 PM
I will have pics up soon on how i tucked my 10" tall intercooler in behind with out Cutting any bumper at all .... it sticks down a bit out from my RK sport lip kit because in the middle it goes up .. so i just orderd the other RK sport one... but i think with the Cavalier front bumpers it would have been fine..

The First Twin Charged jbody
blue car (R.I.P) - 240whp @7psi..
silver car - 305whp 315lbs.tq @15psi (91 Octane) or 420whp & 425lbs.TQ @20psi (94 octane+Alcohol Injection)
All dynos run on a Mustang dyno
Tuesday, January 24, 2006 1:51 AM
Lee, that's uber sleeperish lol

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Tuesday, January 24, 2006 1:54 AM
Lee wrote:the 30" fits well with me too........

But 10" high might be alittle much ......... unless your going to put it BEHIND the rebar.......... but then your totally defeating the purpose of a LARGE intercooler........... just my thoughts...................................

Mines a 30 x 4 x 2 and this is how it fits.................

The top of the intercooler is butted up against the rebar................. and it hangs 4" down and thats how it looks......................

Hope that helps......

Lee

i like that

Tuesday, January 24, 2006 8:36 AM
NJHK (The JBO Negro) wrote:Lee, that's uber sleeperish lol

hahha thanks ................ well you'll be happy to know that I also now have a 2002 LS front lip ............... painted silver.......................... the best part about it ............

My friend was driving home ....... saw the lip on the side of the road.......................... hahahah so he picked it up ....... showed me ............... and I was like HOLY @!#$ ........ thats for my car ..... in my colour.......

so he said .... here............ now I gots me a nice front lip to complete the sleeper look ......... WOOT !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the input Phlatcav and JBO NEGRO !!!!!!!!!!.......

haha

Lee

JDM Civic Hatch
Tuesday, January 24, 2006 12:27 PM
Tee Hee

Tuesday, January 24, 2006 12:27 PM
thats a PS2 btw

Tuesday, January 24, 2006 12:44 PM
I have a 32x9x4 and it fits perfect. Well except that I had to cut the crash bar in half

Tuesday, January 24, 2006 12:48 PM
Ecoclean wrote:I have a 32x9x4 and it fits perfect. Well except that I had to cut the crash bar in half

so now a minor fender bender will turn into you writing off your car !!!!

Good call !!

Lee

JDM Civic Hatch
Wednesday, January 25, 2006 12:34 PM
its only a 5mph crash bar........ so I doubt its going to save anything. just dont hit anything.

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Wednesday, January 25, 2006 4:31 PM
Cavy2Env wrote:I was just looking on Ebay at boostcoolers and I have bought intercoolers from them before for my daytona shelby and they work amazingly. Well I found an intercooler that is overall 33x10x3, will this cooler fit in my front bumper? It is an 02 cavy with the wings west avenger front bumper. I am just concerned about the tubes fitting with that size 33 inches wide is including the spouts.

Thanks,
-Paul

On a side note, i freakin love shelby Z's, what year is yours, and why in the hell arnt you souping that up? I have a friend whose got one, we're fully building the motor now (along with mine) and that thing will be a killer sleeper, a lot of people dont even know what it is, much less what its capable of, plus its still got pretty good after market.

Wednesday, March 01, 2006 11:22 AM
It's an 89 Shelby and I already put in a forged motor with a T3-T4. I am going to have it dyno'd this summer but I wouldn't be suprised to see it hit 300 or so.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search