need help fast - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
need help fast
Saturday, April 02, 2005 4:38 PM
when installing my kenwood head unit i encountered a big problem they are as follows
1.no dash lights
2 no dingers
3. no trunk light
4.no radio and Cd player
5. no havoc lights

i have checked all the fuses and wires but it wont work
any help would be benificail

Re: need help fast
Saturday, April 02, 2005 7:45 PM
soemthing is wired wrong. And if you replace your stock HU with an aftermarket HU, Yor gonna lose your door and light chimes.

“Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything that’s even remotely
true.

Cannon fodder is my daddy.
Saturday, April 02, 2005 8:04 PM
first of, yes, something is wired wrong. but, you should not loose interior lights, the door chimes, yes, but not door lights. if the fuses are not blown, make sure you have al the wires to the same color on the new aftermarket wires harnes. dont coonect the illumination (orange) wire it might cause this. dash lighs, might be caused from that illumination wire. but what your explaining sounds like the fuses are blown. dash lights, trunk lights, and interior lights, and hvoc lights are all part of the same circuit. the radio is on one circuit with the cig lighter door chimes your going to loose with the new HU either way it goes. if these dont work, you might need to keep your old HU, and just wire in the new HU, basically relocate the stock HU. but im not sure, usually a best buy, or circuit city can help with this. hope this helps!!!!

mike z

Saturday, April 02, 2005 9:38 PM
Check the fuses first. Make sure they are intact. Next, if you have a class 2 stock radio, the harness is $60, which isn't worth it. You'll have to run your own accessory hot if this is the case, I just hit up my ignition harness. If you can come by a reliable diagram, isolate your speaker wires, illumination(if it applies), power antenna, if it applies, constant hot, and ground. I think that's all the major ones. I did not cut off my harness, I just spliced in right behind it, so I can take my alpine with me if I sell my cavalier. A multimeter is a wonderful tool to have. If you do not have a stock class 2, then you should be able to connect to a factory->aftermarket harness adapter without any problem.

"Sup, G?"
"Aren't you white?"
"Only on the outside, craka."
Sunday, April 03, 2005 12:41 AM
sounds like something is grounded out. check all wires for bare spots. but even if you have a stock class 2 hu you don't have to use the $60 harness you can use a regular GM aftermarket harness. but you will not have a door chime.
Sunday, April 03, 2005 3:55 AM
im sorry i should of been more specific it worked fine for about three weeks its not over the year 2000 so yes the chimes did work and no all the fuses are fine iv already thought of all these things. the cig lighter works fin and the only interior light that does work are the little ac . defrost lights and the light that in the ash tray. this is the third system in the car so idont knnow what could be up with this thing. o yeah its a 95
Sunday, April 03, 2005 4:58 PM
DC, what regular GM harness are you refering to, cause all the regular GM's for 2000+ are the 21 pin combined harness that doesn't even come close to the class 2 harness.

"Sup, G?"
"Aren't you white?"
"Only on the outside, craka."
Wednesday, April 06, 2005 12:20 AM
im sorry i should of been more specific it worked fine for about three weeks its not over the year 2000 so yes the chimes did work and no all the fuses are fine iv already thought of all these things. the cig lighter works fin and the only interior light that does work are the little ac . defrost lights and the light that in the ash tray. this is the third system in the car so idont knnow what could be up with this thing. o yeah its a 95
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search