"euro" antenna swap - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
"euro" antenna swap
Saturday, April 02, 2005 2:15 PM
i've searched but i havn't found much info on this. i want to replace my stock antenna with a shorter "euro" style one. i went and checked out antennas at pep boys and need some help with this before i spend any money/kill my radio. i would ask specific questions but i need help with just about everything. any info is appreciated

Re: "euro" antenna swap
Saturday, April 02, 2005 2:57 PM
I bought a shorter rubber one from pep boys and you just unscrew the old one and put the new one on...

Saturday, April 02, 2005 4:24 PM
i was under the impression that you would have to replace everything including the mount and all. if its as easy as ur making it sound i should be shot for being dumb but thanks
Saturday, April 02, 2005 5:28 PM
Yeah, your old one might need a pair of pliers but it just unscrews. Then the new one screws right back in... i bought the rubber one as well.

Saturday, April 02, 2005 6:15 PM
well i know what i'm doing tomorrow! thanks for the help guys
Sunday, April 03, 2005 11:38 AM
those cheap ass rubber antennas look like crap and start bending all funny when it gets hit with wind. I went with an antenna off a focus. Or if you want look for a car/truck with the mini onstar antenna and *borrow* it you'll just have to re-thread it. I have a couple laying around.(perks of the job)

Wednesday, April 04, 2007 8:39 PM
dont hate me for bringin up an old thread, but are those ontar antennas fm or something? i am redoing the exterior of my 90 cav and i really dont want a regular antenna to detract from looks, but obviously still need something to get radio signal.

Who have work on your car is often the difference between "Hey sweet car!" and "Parts for sale!". Choose your mechanic carefully.
Re:
Wednesday, April 04, 2007 10:04 PM
I just cut mine and put a tip on it. Works fine

Wednesday, April 04, 2007 11:26 PM
95Vet wrote:those cheap ass rubber antennas look like crap and start bending all funny when it gets hit with wind. I went with an antenna off a focus. Or if you want look for a car/truck with the mini onstar antenna and *borrow* it you'll just have to re-thread it. I have a couple laying around.(perks of the job)

Doesn't look bad on a Sunfire due to the slope of the trunk.

On a Cav, I'd agree.

Thursday, April 05, 2007 12:58 AM
get a z06 antenna off ebay for like $8

Thursday, April 05, 2007 2:43 AM
but do the onstar antennas work? its got me very much wondering

Who have work on your car is often the difference between "Hey sweet car!" and "Parts for sale!". Choose your mechanic carefully.

Thursday, April 05, 2007 1:23 PM
anybody? i have a chance to snag one tomorrow if they will work for fm radio

Re:
Thursday, April 05, 2007 11:42 PM
Chef Dug wrote:I just cut mine and put a tip on it. Works fine

i like that, its a clean, but different look. what did you use for the tip?

http://registry.gmenthusiast.com/images/my2005cav/my%20car%20the%20bash.jpg
Re:
Saturday, April 07, 2007 9:55 AM
is anybody on this forum willing to answer my questions??

Re:
Saturday, April 07, 2007 6:31 PM
well i guess nobody on this forum wants to contribute, as nobody has really contributed to any of my posts in any helpful way, so now i am understanding why people in other forums bash this one. jbo really does suck

Re:
Sunday, April 08, 2007 8:49 AM
an antenna is an antenna. it doesnt really matter if it is for fm or not. all an antenna does is recieve signals, not process them. if the threads fit, that should be all that matters.

dont be so pissy if no one answers your questions within 24hrs. we do have lives that we try to live from time to time.

1997 RedR - ZedR
Re:
Sunday, April 08, 2007 8:59 AM
i cut mine also.

V Dub wrote:"Portion control my ass. Good thing she's not a psychiatrist. Oh, your addicted to alcohol, oh you're addicted to crack? Well next time you get that crack rock...... just smoke half of it."

Re:
Sunday, April 08, 2007 12:15 PM
some people are @!#$s.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search