door popers - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
door popers
Thursday, March 31, 2005 9:42 PM
anyone on here install there own door popers? how hard is it and what is all involved like cutting and so on ? a detailed description of the install would be really helpful , thanks alot guys.

www.Ontariofires.com

Re: door popers
Thursday, March 31, 2005 9:50 PM
It's pretty easy. I did the passenger door first, and that took about 2 hours. When I did the driver's door I cut that time down to 45 minutes. I didn't have to cut anything, just drill 2 holes for each solenoid too mount to the door. If I can get my friend's cam, I'll get you pics of where I mounted mine.

Monday, January 22, 2007 6:16 PM
bump
I'll be doing this to my car this week, just wondering where others have put theirs.
Tuesday, January 23, 2007 6:29 AM
Inside the door where it starts to curve around, right below the stock latch.

Tuesday, January 23, 2007 7:28 PM
Sorry, let me clarify. I want to know where to put the solenoids. Here's a pic of the door, if you can put an X where you put them and also state if its inside the door or on the outside.

Thank you!
Wednesday, January 24, 2007 4:25 AM

Take everything apart, your handle off, your lock off, and the latch off. Remove the metal rod completely for the locks, and zip tie it so it can't accidentally lock. It'll be easier if you remove the metal beam that goes in the big hole in the door, and with your window all the way up, take out the bolt that holds the window track on and move the window track out of the way.

Wednesday, January 24, 2007 7:04 PM
Thank you! I'll give this a try.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search