Clarion VRX925VD, the DAMN SCREEN WONT COME OUT! - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Clarion VRX925VD, the DAMN SCREEN WONT COME OUT!
Wednesday, March 30, 2005 5:57 AM
Why wont the screen come out, I hit open and all I hear is a motor kicking in, do I not have it wired right? what is going on, also there is a little green wire that doesnt go anywhere, does that have something to do with it?

1998 Z24 Convertible 5 Speed

Re: Clarion VRX925VD, the DAMN SCREEN WONT COME OU
Wednesday, March 30, 2005 6:07 AM
is there a wire that controls the screen motor? what color is it? what does it hook to if there is one?

1998 Z24 Convertible 5 Speed
Wednesday, March 30, 2005 6:29 AM
well, the green wire normally is a parking brake wire I believe (so that the video isn't displayed if the e-break isn't engaged. I know my Pioneers would always come out and open up, but unless the wire was hooked or bypassed, my DVD features wouldn't work. I guess it's possible that your Clarion takes it a step further and won't even open the screen without it hooked, though it really wouldn't make any sense that way. I know on my AVIC, I grounded out the green wire, which made it think the e-brake is engaged all the time (go ahead safety freaks and flame me). you could try the same, and see if it makes a difference. My gut feeling though, is that if you hear the motor whirring, and nothing is happening, that maybe the unit has the track misaligned or something. I'll do a little more research and see if I can come up with something.

Wednesday, March 30, 2005 6:31 AM
just found this:

Open/Close

Wednesday, March 30, 2005 6:34 AM
It shows the piece they're talking about on pg 70 of the installation manual/chapter 8. If that's already hooked up, then I'm 99% sure it's the unit itself, and you'd have to have it checked out/replaced/repaired.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search