sequrity system install, no starter kill needed - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
sequrity system install, no starter kill needed
Monday, March 28, 2005 7:38 PM
Went to get sequrity system on my 2003 cav today. Installer says there is no need for a starter kill on 97+ cavs, because they have some feature in the steering column that disables the fuel flow without a key in it.

this true...or is it

Re: sequrity system install, no starter kill neede
Tuesday, March 29, 2005 12:11 PM
the passlock? Whatever all the ones I did have the starter kill in them. and mine does too. one way to find out. set the alarm off and get in and try to start it. like I said I'd rather be safe than sorry
Tuesday, March 29, 2005 10:36 PM
I'm not sure about wether passlock will kill the starter or not , but i do know if you plan on putting command start in the car along with the security system , you need to override the passlock module to use the remote starter. I'm not sure if you are doing this or not, but maybe this piece of information could help?
Wednesday, March 30, 2005 10:17 AM
I do believe the Passlock kills the starter, but also kills the fuel to the motor. The idea of not using the aftermarket starter disable is a little misconstrued. The problem being that once the thieves learn how and where to disable the factory starter and fuel, then they can do it with all cars...
If you throw in the randomness of custom security then it makes stealing the car a little more difficult to steal on top of the factory efforts to stop it.

Bill
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search