my bass is gone! - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
my bass is gone!
Saturday, March 26, 2005 11:36 PM
Hey. My previous setup was stock everything plus an Infinity 1032w (10" dvc) in a custom box powered by an MTX 311d class d amp feeding from speaker level inputs. The sound wasn't the cleanest, but it was there. Last night, I put in an Alpine CDA 9827 and ran my rca's, and my bass is all but gone. I've made sure the sub preouts are active, and turned them all the way up. I've also turned the gains all the way up on my amp. It's there if I listen to Little John, but most everything else has a little less than half the bass it did off of my speaker taps. Anyone have this problem before?

"Sup, G?"
"Aren't you white?"
"Only on the outside, craka."

Re: my bass is gone!
Sunday, March 27, 2005 8:11 AM
Ok I know this is a stupid question, but is your amp tuning on at all? Also are you sure that in the bac of the deck you have the rca's in the right ones (rear)

*95 Z28 M6* *Free mods* *160 t-stat*New LT1 Crate motor 357*Edelbrock Headers*3" Flowmaster cat back* !CAT
Sunday, March 27, 2005 8:36 AM
does the headunit have a sub output u can adjust.? did a switch get hit on the amp? also turn your gains down or when it finally does come on u may fry your subs.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Sunday, March 27, 2005 9:25 AM
check all your fuses and connections, also did you properly ground the amp? good connection to the battery?

wicked
Sunday, March 27, 2005 1:52 PM
maybe we should make a sticky about the gains...because that seems to be a massive prob these days when installing subs....i'mnot sure how it works, so i'm sure we could all benefit...like sticking my tounge in a fire, i don't know why it burns...i just know it does.

Signatures Are Silly....
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search