im a newbie please help grounding aftermarket deck - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
im a newbie please help grounding aftermarket deck
Thursday, March 24, 2005 12:16 PM
ok this might be a really stupid question but here it goes ok i took my stock deck out and installed my aftermarket and it all works perfect ( canadian tire and futureshop said it wouldnt work haha wut do they know) anyways when i installed my deck i just undid the gold bolt or screw thats near the bottom of where the old deck went too ...anyways all i did was just unscrew it then put the bolt through my ground wire then screwed it back in.......i went to work the next day and my friend said it isnt really the best ground place he said he i hear some distortion then ur ground is wrong but i cant hear any...any ways if u guys can tell me what i should have grounded to please tell me ...i have to take my dash apart again to attach my remote wire for my amp so while im there i can redo my ground if i have to please help ..thanks for in advance

Re: im a newbie please help grounding aftermarket
Thursday, March 24, 2005 12:18 PM
as long as it's grounded to unpainted metal attached to the chasis, and away from any lines carrying a lot of power, then you're fine.

"Sup, G?"
"Aren't you white?"
"Only on the outside, craka."
Thursday, March 24, 2005 1:36 PM
Though I've never heard of distortion through the ground wire for the DECK. Every time my deck in the past has had a ground problem, the power kept cutting in and out. But yeah, just find a nice clean metal surface.

Friday, March 25, 2005 4:31 AM
turning the knob up to high is whats giving u the distortion. not yoru ground, bad ground will genearlly cause power problems, or it will induce noise to the system noise such as alternator whine or other buzzing sounds, but i have never heard of it causing distortion.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Friday, March 25, 2005 9:39 PM
sndsgood wrote:turning the knob up to high is whats giving u the distortion. not yoru ground, bad ground will genearlly cause power problems, or it will induce noise to the system noise such as alternator whine or other buzzing sounds, but i have never heard of it causing distortion.

yah thats what he probable trying to say a buzzing sound i dont have that so im good thanks guys
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search