Can speaker wire run with powers or RCAs? - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Can speaker wire run with powers or RCAs?
Wednesday, November 24, 2010 8:10 PM
Just a quick question, will there be any problem if I run speaker wire with the power wire or running speaker wire with the rca's? Thanks

2003 Cavalier 2dr. 5spd

Re: Can speaker wire run with powers or RCAs?
Wednesday, November 24, 2010 8:46 PM
speaker wire along side rcas should not be a problem, however running power wire along with speaker wires can cause interference. therefore try running speaker wires and power wires on opposite sides..
Wednesday, November 24, 2010 9:39 PM
I would run the speaker wires and power wire down one side and RCA down the other.

Reason being that the signal in the RCAs is amplified, so any noise picked up will be amplified.

The speaker wires might technically pick up noise in the form of electromagnetic deflection, but you won't be able to hear it.

Monday, November 29, 2010 10:36 AM
bradsk88 wrote:I would run the speaker wires and power wire down one side and RCA down the other.

Reason being that the signal in the RCAs is amplified, so any noise picked up will be amplified.

The speaker wires might technically pick up noise in the form of electromagnetic deflection, but you won't be able to hear it.

agreed.

though our cars are like 4-5' across. its not hard to run each seperatly

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Monday, November 29, 2010 2:57 PM
I will probably just run everything seperatly. Speaker wires going up above the window and in through the rear deck. Power on driver side and rca's on passenger side both down on the floor.

2003 Cavalier 2dr. 5spd

Tuesday, November 30, 2010 8:27 AM
My power goes down the driver side (grommets there), RCAs down the passenger side. Speaker wires down the respective side for the speaker. Remote wire runs with the power wire.

Ive never had any issues with interference or noise.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search