NEW Skar Audio Subwoofers :) - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
NEW Skar Audio Subwoofers :)
Wednesday, November 24, 2010 10:29 PM

New 600 wrms Subwoofers, pretty good SQ subs! very clean, very loud!!

Let me know what you think!

click sig for my car audio videos

Re: NEW Skar Audio Subwoofers :)
Wednesday, November 24, 2010 10:48 PM
Aren't subs supposed to face the trunk?
Thursday, November 25, 2010 9:54 AM
RoboticPotPie wrote:Aren't subs supposed to face the trunk?

not always

Thursday, November 25, 2010 10:11 AM
mine doesn't... and my trunk is sealed off from the cabin...super clean sounding, and loud.

Thursday, November 25, 2010 2:35 PM
How loud you think one will get, db's wise?

1996 Sunfire, 2.2L, 18" Equus/General Exclaim UHP
Alpine CDE-9845
Thursday, November 25, 2010 8:07 PM
drunken monster wrote:How loud you think one will get, db's wise?

are you talking safely runnign the sub or maxing it out? lol im pretty sur ei could get a 147-148 out of 1 of them with my burp box and the power i have

Friday, November 26, 2010 1:46 PM
Nice.

1996 Sunfire, 2.2L, 18" Equus/General Exclaim UHP
Alpine CDE-9845
Friday, November 26, 2010 3:48 PM
so is that what you gonna run next year or is this just a winter setup?

Friday, November 26, 2010 6:53 PM
Using birch I see.

Friday, November 26, 2010 9:47 PM
Spitfire wrote:so is that what you gonna run next year or is this just a winter setup?

got them sent to me for testing. i like them and sold them allready i have a new system in every.

Saturday, November 27, 2010 11:00 AM
So is this a new brand or some entry level for a bigger company?

Saturday, November 27, 2010 11:01 PM
TheSundownFire (GME Chat) wrote:So is this a new brand or some entry level for a bigger company?

New brand! very nice solid subwoofers. Jacob from sundown helped design them, thats why they are very similar to the SA-12s.

they are going to get some bigger line subs out in the 1500 rms range like the Z's soon, but im unsure as to when it will happen

Sunday, November 28, 2010 8:59 AM
jesus didnt take you long to get rid of them lol did you get any numbers when you were testing?

Sunday, November 28, 2010 12:33 PM
not really sure what the attraction is in shaking every body panel off your car?

Sunday, November 28, 2010 3:44 PM
not shaking the panels off just getting rid of the rust haha

Sunday, November 28, 2010 5:19 PM
Spitfire wrote:jesus didnt take you long to get rid of them lol did you get any numbers when you were testing?

no, 148.0 @ 35 hz, thats the only numbers i got wasnt able to burp them with the burp box as they sold so fast lol

Monday, November 29, 2010 10:34 AM
blucavvy wrote:not really sure what the attraction is in shaking every body panel off your car?

i like that they get posted up as a sound quality sub but people are only concerned with how loud it gets lol

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Monday, November 29, 2010 11:19 AM
sndsgood wrote:
blucavvy wrote:not really sure what the attraction is in shaking every body panel off your car?

i like that they get posted up as a sound quality sub but people are only concerned with how loud it gets lol

thats my job, they send me subwoofers, i test to see how loud they get and how good they do compared ot other drivers, make video(s), then sell them used or give them back . so thats is why i would take a SQ subwoofer and see how loud it gets, cause thats what i do

Monday, November 29, 2010 2:02 PM
Because if Im buying an SQ woofer I want to know how loud it gets........

Monday, November 29, 2010 2:28 PM
TheSundownFire (GME Chat) wrote:Because if Im buying an SQ woofer I want to know how loud it gets........

they bump mad loud yo.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Monday, November 29, 2010 3:10 PM
lol

Monday, November 29, 2010 3:52 PM
itz all bout dat mad flex san

car audio noob since 1984.
Monday, November 29, 2010 4:25 PM
TheSundownFire (GME Chat) wrote:Because if Im buying an SQ woofer I want to know how loud it gets........

it wasnt like how loud can it get, more like what kind of abuse can it take... and the company itself didnt send it to me, a company in IOWA sends me stuff periodically that they get in to test for them. i put up results and post on multiple forums. so they can redirect there customers, that actually care about how loud and how clean it sounds, to my posts/videos. if you guys dont like my methods to test subwoofers out then iiiimmmm sssooorrrrry....

These subwoofers really do sound amazing! and yes they get loud as well... is there really a problem with that?

Monday, November 29, 2010 10:48 PM
i dont see a problem lol. im glad that someone out there is willing to put subs through there paces and really push them to see how they sound and take abuse. just casue it sounds good doesn't mean its gonna last...... just my opinion

Monday, November 29, 2010 10:53 PM
sndsgood wrote:

sorry I'm interested in DB drag racing and want to know how well they handle high numbers and lots of power................. next time I'll make sure i sacrifice volume for quality when i compete next year.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search