searched couldn't really find anything - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
searched couldn't really find anything
Wednesday, November 24, 2010 10:21 AM
So all I have running off of my battery is my MSD box and my amp. Problem is with the way my intake runs and I think my battery connectors are kinda getting stripped/cross threaded or maybe the stud is just too short idk (when I hooked my battery back up after swapping alts this weekend all i could get to go on was the MSD the stud just wouldnt catch in the battery with amp and msd) . Anyway what I am wondering about is using a distribution block or something so I can run one Positive from the battery to it then run my ignition/amp off the box. Any suggestions on making this work or product recommendations?

Re: searched couldn't really find anything
Wednesday, November 24, 2010 12:07 PM
Wednesday, November 24, 2010 12:23 PM
So that is just like a longer replacement for the stock studs with room on the back side to attach things to the terminal? If so that is just what I need thanks!

Wednesday, November 24, 2010 12:47 PM
yeah, any autoparts store carries them, real cheap too.

car audio noob since 1984.
Wednesday, November 24, 2010 1:28 PM
yea man, I discoverd those like 3 weeks ago when i was in a similar situation as yours.
Thursday, November 25, 2010 11:51 PM
Here's a similar item, but fits better in tight spaces.

Metra BT305 Battery Side Post Adapter

***Brand New In the Box Pioneer GM-D8500M For Sale***
Saturday, November 27, 2010 11:28 AM
Id much prefer a hidden distribution block. Keeps the octopus of wiring coming from the battery terminals away.

Monday, November 29, 2010 8:36 AM
I picked one of these up at autozone the other day. I looked into the distribution block stuff but I really don't need all of that since I only have 2 things that need to be powered from the battery. The extended terminal worked great and was super easy to install and solve my issues.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search