Head Unit in Vent - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Head Unit in Vent
Wednesday, November 17, 2010 3:08 PM
Okay I saw this in a photo on this site. The head unit is mounted inside the airvent. I have an XM receiver and I want to mount it in the airvent. I searched and the only info I could find is that I had to get ABS plastic and weld it....where exactly should i reroute the air though?

Re: Head Unit in Vent
Wednesday, November 17, 2010 3:37 PM
hmm, you don't really have to reroute air anywhere.. just don't switch the vent to upper (face) position.. as for the welding, i don't think it would be necessary
you could just build a custom bracket and use velcro or clips to hold the h/u in place.
Wednesday, November 17, 2010 4:03 PM
Andrey B wrote:hmm, you don't really have to reroute air anywhere.. just don't switch the vent to upper (face) position.. as for the welding, i don't think it would be necessary
you could just build a custom bracket and use velcro or clips to hold the h/u in place.

No offense, but that sounds really ghetto. Just take the dash pad off and remove the vent. If I remember correctly the vent tubing is held in with one screw. Cut out the two vents that feed the middle area and seal the hole with fiberglass or whatever you would like to use. Then remove your dash bezel and fiberglass the unit in place. It sounds like kind of a big project, but I think it would be very cool if you went through with it.

Thursday, November 18, 2010 4:40 AM
when i rerouted my center vents for my custom dash i just routed them so the air come out the bottom. this way you still get the airflow.

for the mounting i'd go with welding abs plastic or fiberglass personally.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search