Slim subs - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Slim subs
Sunday, November 07, 2010 8:09 PM
I don't have the money for the great subwoofers, and i saw that the slim subs are a lot cheaper. I was wondering if anybody had any and if they were any good?

Re: Slim subs
Sunday, November 07, 2010 9:13 PM
slim subs, if made by a reputable company who did it right, are not really cheaper. It's tough to get good sound out of something without the room to do it "traditionally", so they usually cost MORE than their normal depth counterpart. Look at JL's new shallow sub. I have heard nothing but good things about it (aside from it's price). Are you looking for a specific size/space savings? Toss up more details on what you are looking for and what your budget is. If the best sound as cheap as you can get is the goal, a decent shallow sub isn't your best choice.

On the other hand....you have other fingers.

"You really need to staple your face shut"-THE Joey Baggs.
Monday, November 08, 2010 6:56 PM
my budget is about $200, and as far as size and space savings i am tryin to keep as much space possible in the trunk

Monday, November 08, 2010 7:09 PM
I say just go for a full size sub. Just get a single sub and build the enclosure on the side between the wheel well and the end of the trunk. I assume that you don't want something thats gonna rattle the windows off your car or you wouldnt be too worried about space.
Monday, November 08, 2010 7:29 PM
get a JL 10w3v3 sub.. it should fit your budget and if you give that sub enough power it will shake things up in your car for sure..
it only requires 0.7 cu ft of space and is very shallow but also very powerful and precise (can handle 600 watts RMS)
Monday, November 08, 2010 7:53 PM
Do you have a box? I really like the way JL w0's sound, you could likely get one in a box in that budget.

Monday, November 08, 2010 9:00 PM
$200 budget for sub(s), I thought the same thing, instantly, Brad lol. W0's are damn impressive for their price. $200 for sub and nice sealed box for a W0 not only would fit your budget, but also won't take up much space.

Tuesday, November 09, 2010 5:40 PM
thanks for the help. i think i am fixin to get the JL's

Sunday, November 14, 2010 11:51 PM
JL 12w0 is an amazing sub for the price. The way I sell it is, its jl entry level but in no way performs as an entry level.
Thursday, November 18, 2010 10:26 AM
I don't know if they carry these type of things everywhere, but i know at the local audio shop here you can get a single 10" sub in a ported enclosure with an amp, just needs the wiring, for about $250-$300. My friend has one in his ranger and it rattles it pretty good, 350rms.

2002 2200sfi 5-speed.
Thursday, November 18, 2010 5:15 PM
Adam L wrote:I don't know if they carry these type of things everywhere, but i know at the local audio shop here you can get a single 10" sub in a ported enclosure with an amp, just needs the wiring, for about $250-$300. My friend has one in his ranger and it rattles it pretty good, 350rms.

SO....... Rattling is a GOOD thing? Wow... guess I've been doing things wrong all these years..... eyes*

Saturday, November 20, 2010 6:45 PM
JLAudioCavalier wrote:
Adam L wrote:I don't know if they carry these type of things everywhere, but i know at the local audio shop here you can get a single 10" sub in a ported enclosure with an amp, just needs the wiring, for about $250-$300. My friend has one in his ranger and it rattles it pretty good, 350rms.

SO....... Rattling is a GOOD thing? Wow... guess I've been doing things wrong all these years..... eyes*

Not necessarily, i meant that for it's price that's it has a reasonable amount of power.

2002 2200sfi 5-speed.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search