Pioneer AVH-P5000DVD help! - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Pioneer AVH-P5000DVD help!
Sunday, August 23, 2009 10:56 PM
I just bought a Pioneer AVH-P5000DVD from my buddy. he sent it to me, I installed it and all went well when i put the cd in to test it. The screen was on, the music playing I was happy. When I tried to play a dvd, not so good. The screen stays black, but the sound works.......other than that the screen works.....

I was browsing online, and came across a thread somewhere that mentioned this and a simple fix. Did not really read it, or bookmark it as I didn't think i had that problem. Now I cannot find that thread for the life of me.

Hel p anyone?

Thanks

Re: Pioneer AVH-P5000DVD help!
Sunday, August 23, 2009 11:34 PM
You didnt install the parking brake safety wire. Either hook it up properly or ground it to bypass it.

Monday, August 24, 2009 6:50 AM
nope thats not it. It is installed on a toggle switch, and when I hit the switch it changes to a black screen. otherwise the screen stays blue. Only when a video cd or dvd is in though. When I am playing music the screen is fine.
Monday, August 24, 2009 5:44 PM
could be a possible av button you press to change the screen i know there is one on my old p5700 pioneer i have

Monday, August 24, 2009 6:18 PM
hmm could be but I didnt see any mention of this in the user manual....i dunno i had found someone with this problem., on some forum when i was searching for info about the deck, but i cant for the life of me find it again. it seemed like a simple fix from what i remember. anyone else have any suggestions?

jons2000z24 where is this av switch you speak of? ill look for sure.
Monday, August 24, 2009 6:57 PM
does this head unit have gps? if so are you testing it while driving? My pioneer deck picks up on speed so if im going above 10mph it kicks the screen off

Monday, August 24, 2009 7:00 PM
nope no gps. thanks for allt hehelp though guys but still no luck. ill paypal $20 to anyone who comes up with the answer. lol. but if the screen works there should be no technical reason for the vids not playing right?

and, when i wired it up, all i connected was the 8 speaker wires, acc power, constant, and ground, and the antenna. there were 2 ornage wires that i didnt know what to do with......maybe that? one had a factory tag that said ILL lol. dunno what that was for. one was a mute....
Monday, August 24, 2009 7:04 PM
the ILL was for your dimmer, doesnt matter if you connect that or not. Im not sure what the mute would be for, possibly audio mute for a bluetooth cell maybe? My old Alpine had that feature.

Monday, August 24, 2009 7:12 PM
Get into your menu and check that the output isnt set to the rear.

Monday, August 24, 2009 7:13 PM
ok so thats not it. hmmmm i remember the thread i had read god knows where there was a simple solution. god i wish i could find that thread lol.. any other ideas?

anyone have on of these? any other way of bypassign the parking brake wire other than a switch i alreayd have thast seems to work just fine lol
^^^ This, and if its still doing it check your ground on the parking brake. So you have the wire from the deck going into one side of the switch, and then on the other side you have a wire running to a ground?

no output anything in the menu. unless im totally retarted and didnt see it.
Monday, August 24, 2009 7:15 PM
the switch came already wired from the dude i bought it from. theres one end of the switch conencted to the parking brake wire and the other to a black wire that i assume is the ground. when i go to aux (video) it brings up the warning that the car must be in park and balh blah blah, and then if i click the switch it prompts me to confirmt hat the ebrake is on and i click ok and then the screen changes but remains black,.
Monday, August 24, 2009 7:15 PM
you could also just ground the parking brake lead. Just tap into the ground wire going into the deck. Then you bypassed the switch and have full access to all the features. My Alpine was so protective you had to have the bypass set up just to set the clock.

Monday, August 24, 2009 7:16 PM

well if anyones bored and wants to try and make $20, i guess try and find that thread.....i dunno im out of ideas...
Monday, August 24, 2009 7:19 PM
Thats odd. That sounds like what mine does. If i pop a dvd in, it asks if I want to play the dvd. I hit ok, and it says driving and watching movies is illegal blah blah, then i flip the switch and the movie starts playing. Have you tried with different dvd's?

Monday, August 24, 2009 7:25 PM
Call Pioneet Support at 1-800-421-1404 they are open 10am-7:30pm EST.

Or email them here.

Monday, August 24, 2009 7:33 PM
I say you get ahold of a PDF of the manual and look through it. Pioneer hides a lot of their options.

Monday, August 24, 2009 7:36 PM
I ran across something on google. If someone had this before you and switched regions back and fourth for the videos, they'll lock onto the last region. So say he locked it on a different region than NTSC, it wont read the video properly. But it will read the sound.

Monday, August 24, 2009 7:44 PM
Do you have the module for the head unit? Sometimes called a brain. Should semi resemble an amp.

Friday, August 28, 2009 7:30 PM
hmmm dont have a brain. there was a metal box hooked up that the antenna plugs into......how do you change regions? I have the pdf for the installation and the user manual cant find anything. Im going to have to call pioneer support i guess, but a) i installed it myself 9 have done many installs over the years) and b) dont have a receipt/warranty so they might not help me.

any other ideaS?

Sunday, August 30, 2009 8:59 PM
they should still help you without a receipt

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search