My headunit took a dump on me. Whats the hottest budget headunit out currenty? - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
My headunit took a dump on me. Whats the hottest budget headunit out currenty?
Saturday, August 15, 2009 1:30 PM
Yesterday I was at the local car wash vacuuming my car out and suddenly my cd player died on me. I thought it was the fuses, but nope, it's pushing up daises.

Whats one of the best budget headunit's out currently that I can take a look at $199-/+ ? Any reccomendations? Sound quality is a must.

Thanks

Re: My headunit took a dump on me. Whats the hottest budget headunit out currenty?
Saturday, August 15, 2009 2:06 PM
Nevermind. I found my new love HD radio and bluetooth FTW

http://mobile.jvc.com/product.jsp?modelId=MODL028464&pathId=54&page=1

Re: My headunit took a dump on me. Whats the hottest budget headunit out currenty?
Saturday, August 15, 2009 11:21 PM
In that price range, also take a gander at what Alpine and Pioneer are putting out right now. It is all about the features that YOU want personally. One head unit isn't going to be "the hottest" for everyone. JVC makes some decent budget stuff, just be careful when getting into units with a lot of features and doo-dads.

On the other hand....you have other fingers.

In my family we teach that boys have a God-stick and girls have a Shame Cave. -John Stewart
Sunday, August 16, 2009 1:01 PM
best decks ive ever had(most features/lifespan) were clarions and pioneers. i personally like rockford and audiobahn for amps, kicker/high end rockford for subs

Sunday, August 16, 2009 8:32 PM
Holy crap. I'd be an idiot if I dont buy this. This cd player is a 2009 model and retails for $649.99

http://mobile.jvc.com/product.jsp?modelId=MODL028575&pathId=54&page=2

Its on sale at Crutchfield with -$520 off!!!! WTF!!!

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_105KDS100/JVC-KD-S100.html?tp=5684

This is JVC top of the line unit, WOW

Sunday, August 16, 2009 8:36 PM
Nevermind.. I think they are using that price as a gimmick lol

Sunday, August 16, 2009 9:40 PM
Never liked JVC personally. The few heads Ive dealt with arent very user friendly.

Sunday, August 16, 2009 10:10 PM
ill sell you my eclipse for 200

i dont know if its exactly what your looking for, but its a great CD player here's the specs:

Eclipse 8445
Sunday, August 16, 2009 10:36 PM
The Boost Creep (ECOsleeper) wrote:best decks ive ever had(most features/lifespan) were clarions and pioneers. i personally like rockford and audiobahn for amps, kicker/high end rockford for subs

holy mainstream TURDS man.....

Audiobahn is never a name I would recommend. Clarion has some half decent head units and Pioneer does make quality ones. RF has good, not great, but good amps but at a hefty price for what you get.... Kicker and RF subs? I guess if mainstream garbage is all you can get your hands on. But I feel sorry for anyone seeking a decent sound out of their stuff, and is buying Kicker subs... ick.

ANYWHO, do what you want for your head unit, just stick to the names that continue to do good things at good prices. Like I said, JVC isn't horrible, but not near the top of my list in the "big names" for quality, longevity, and user friendliness. Alpine and Pioneer have always been up there.

In my family we teach that boys have a God-stick and girls have a Shame Cave. -John Stewart
Sunday, August 16, 2009 10:46 PM
any jvc heads ive dealt with skip like crazy on cds with minimal scratches, but throw them in sundowns pioneer and they played perfect.

Monday, August 17, 2009 12:36 AM
IMO I would get with Pioneer, I've had the DEH-P6600 model installed in my cavy since July 2006 and never have had any problems with it.

--------------------------------------------------------------
2002 Cavalier LS Sport Sedan (RIP)
2005 Chevy Equinox LT AWD
2011 Chevy Equinox LT1 AWD
Fatalthoughtz (Xbox Live & PSN Tag)

Monday, August 17, 2009 5:22 AM
I think pioneers are the best bang for the buck. I like alpines to get bluetooth it costs an extra 230 bucks for the module whereas the pioneers have bluetooth built it
Monday, August 17, 2009 8:48 AM
Thanks guys. I have owned a few Pioneers and loved them, but I also like JVC.. I guess I still need to do more research before I buy. I'm not going to buy until I get paid again which will be this Thursday so I have plenty of time.

Monday, August 17, 2009 9:52 AM
I've been SUPER impressed with JVC this year. Though many of the vehicles I've put them in didn't end up having "amazing" SQ. If you want features upon features for a reasonable price, I wouldn't hesitate from buying JVC from this year.

Their bluetooth mics are some of the best across the board.

Monday, August 17, 2009 2:09 PM
jvc have always been run of the mill stuff to me. not high end, but not garbage, just a good everyday unit. pioneer and alpine are like anything else. their higher end stuff is great, the lower end stuff is average.for sound quality your going to pay most of your money for not as many bells and whistles. if their big advertising for the headunit is how many screensaves it has or how many backgrounds or speacial colors it has you know what your paying for. just figure out your most important features that you HAVE to have and then look for the highest end unit you can afford that has them.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Monday, August 17, 2009 4:19 PM
sndsgood wrote:jvc have always been run of the mill stuff to me. not high end, but not garbage, just a good everyday unit. pioneer and alpine are like anything else. their higher end stuff is great, the lower end stuff is average.for sound quality your going to pay most of your money for not as many bells and whistles. if their big advertising for the headunit is how many screensaves it has or how many backgrounds or speacial colors it has you know what your paying for. just figure out your most important features that you HAVE to have and then look for the highest end unit you can afford that has them.

This is all you need for advice right here.

Monday, August 17, 2009 4:30 PM
Eternal wrote:Holy crap. I'd be an idiot if I dont buy this. This cd player is a 2009 model and retails for $649.99

http://mobile.jvc.com/product.jsp?modelId=MODL028575&pathId=54&page=2

Its on sale at Crutchfield with -$520 off!!!! WTF!!!

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_105KDS100/JVC-KD-S100.html?tp=5684

This is JVC top of the line unit, WOW

i bought that one lol. also used a code for $20 off so i payed $110. then i told the dash kit and harness for $31 on ebay. i got the high gloss metra kit for a toyota tundra, they sell them for like $40 i got it for free with the radio.

so i payed $79 shipped for that radio brand new

Monday, August 17, 2009 7:25 PM
JLAudioCavalier wrote:
sndsgood wrote:jvc have always been run of the mill stuff to me. not high end, but not garbage, just a good everyday unit. pioneer and alpine are like anything else. their higher end stuff is great, the lower end stuff is average.for sound quality your going to pay most of your money for not as many bells and whistles. if their big advertising for the headunit is how many screensaves it has or how many backgrounds or speacial colors it has you know what your paying for. just figure out your most important features that you HAVE to have and then look for the highest end unit you can afford that has them.

This is all you need for advice right here.

x2

click sig for my car audio videos
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search