Subwoofer locations - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Subwoofer locations
Monday, March 23, 2009 7:29 PM
Has anyone ever put a pair of subwoofers under the rear seats in a j?
kinda like how they do in pick up trucks and such, or would it just quite simply sound like @!#$?
I want to get subwoofers into my j but I constantly move a drumset to and from shows so I need the trunk space.
Should I just get one subwoofer instead?

Re: Subwoofer locations
Monday, March 23, 2009 7:56 PM
get AAA and build a spare tire sub box... yes 1 subwoofer will be plenty. look into fi. for small box and sealed i would go with the ssd

theres no room under the back seats. just lift it up and see....

click sig for my car audio videos
Tuesday, March 24, 2009 6:35 PM
I disagree. For a small sealed enclosure I'd opt for a Fi Q but that's just me.

I considered the spare tire enclosure but I have 2 12" Alpine Type R's... so I'm going to build a 5.4cuft ported box instead.
Tuesday, March 24, 2009 8:04 PM
Zach Reliford wrote:I disagree. For a small sealed enclosure I'd opt for a Fi Q but that's just me.

I considered the spare tire enclosure but I have 2 12" Alpine Type R's... so I'm going to build a 5.4cuft ported box instead.

Cool, definitely wasn't a thread about your Type-R's though...

ANYWAY. I would find a single 10 or 12 that is built to perform well in a sealed box. JL W3 wouldn't be a bad idea honestly. Just a simple small sealed box tucked up against your rear seat shouldn't take up too much trunk space. Let me put it this way....

I had a ported 12W0 and ported 13Kv.2 in my Cavi. Both required a decent sized enclosure when ported, but during the time I had each, neither has kept me from transporting my drums.

I had at one point a 7 piece kit, case of cymbals, full gibraltar rack, hi-hat stand, and all attachments for my cymbals/drums.... ALL OF IT fit in my cav with the ported box for a single 12. If you want even more room, a single sealed 12 should be fine man. Just get a good grille for the sub.

On the other hand....you have other fingers.

In my family we teach that boys have a God-stick and girls have a Shame Cave. -John Stewart
Thursday, March 26, 2009 8:54 PM
JLAudioCavalier wrote:
Zach Reliford wrote:I disagree. For a small sealed enclosure I'd opt for a Fi Q but that's just me.

Cool, definitely wasn't a thread about your Type-R's though...

ANYWAY. I would find a single 10 or 12 that is built to perform well in a sealed box. JL W3 wouldn't be a bad idea honestly. Just a simple small sealed box tucked up against your rear seat shouldn't take up too much trunk space. Let me put it this way....

I had a ported 12W0 and ported 13Kv.2 in my Cavi. Both required a decent sized enclosure when ported, but during the time I had each, neither has kept me from transporting my drums.

I had at one point a 7 piece kit, case of cymbals, full gibraltar rack, hi-hat stand, and all attachments for my cymbals/drums.... ALL OF IT fit in my cav with the ported box for a single 12. If you want even more room, a single sealed 12 should be fine man. Just get a good grille for the sub.

Killer, that sounds like a plan.
Glad to see someone else on here has had the same situation as I do haha.
Thursday, March 26, 2009 9:11 PM
haha yeah. Most people don't run around gigging with a kit as big as mine was at one point, so I don't see an issue with a ported sub or a pair of sealed subs. Good luck man.

On the other hand....you have other fingers.

In my family we teach that boys have a God-stick and girls have a Shame Cave. -John Stewart
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search