quick question about parking lights - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
quick question about parking lights
Sunday, March 22, 2009 10:25 AM
Hello again old friends. I've been away for some time after buying a new vehicle but I've been toying around with the sunfire as of late. My newest project is a remote start that I've been piecing together.. I'm just about done with it.. I have most of the wires ran to where the alarm module will be. But one of my last steps is tapping into the parking light wire.

My question for you is... does anyone have a schematic or at least explain to me exactly how that wire is routed through the vehicle? The reason I ask is depending on which way it travels will determine where I tap into it. Thanks for taking the time.

Re: quick question about parking lights
Sunday, March 22, 2009 3:31 PM
Easiest way would be just to run your wires through the firewall and splice straight into the wires going to the headlight, but this would be more work (easy work but more) and it would look sloppy. Not sure exactly how it travels through the fire wall but it goes up to your steering column into a harness. This is where I spliced into.

http://www.the12volt.com/installbay/alarmdetail/1895.html

Parking Lights Brown (+) Parking Light Switch or Driver's Kick Panel

Monday, March 23, 2009 7:14 AM
just get teh wire at teh kick panel... IT RUNS TOWARDS TEH BACK...EASIEST PLACE IF YOU ASK ME....SRRY FOR CAPS DONT FEEL LIKE RE TYPING...LOL
Monday, March 23, 2009 11:34 AM
yepp. its the brown wire in the kickpanel. its not hard. just splice right in. no need to run wires all over the car.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search