Amp Load?? - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Amp Load??
Tuesday, June 19, 2007 10:17 PM
I have two pair of 4 ohm speakers wired in parallel to an MRV-T407 Alpine Amplifier. If I'm correct that should make the load 2ohms. What i'm wanting to do is replace my front speakers with a pair of Infinity Kappa 6 1/2 component speakers. If I do this and leave them wired in series, what kind of load does that give me? I'm trying to avoid getting another amplifier. But if i have to, to make this system work I will. Also I plan to replace my rear speakers with a pair of infinity Kappa 6x9 full range speakers, they're 2ohm as well. Should look into getting another amp or maybe ditching my T-407 for a 4 Channel Alpine?

Re: Amp Load??
Wednesday, June 20, 2007 6:50 AM
Let me correct my orginial post. Sorry it was pretty late last night. What i have is my front two speakers combined into one channel and my rear speakers combined into one channel. So if I have two 4ohm speakers combined into one channel does that give me a 2ohm load or not?
Wednesday, June 20, 2007 10:29 AM
why would you want to have the front speakers on the same channel, and same with the rear, do you only have a 2 ch amp?, won't this make the sound the exact same from each side?
don't 4 ch amps work better as the sound will be like it should sound?
not too sure about the ohms, check out rockford fosgate's we site, has wiring diagrams and load charts for everthing.

Wednesday, June 20, 2007 11:04 AM
he will not have a fade or balance feature but it can be done. Also some of us only have a front stage so a two channel is really all that is needed
your best bet would be to put the left side on one channel and the right side on one channel. that will at least give you a balance option. Also the load presented to your amp is a 2 ohm stereo so each channel is seeing 2 ohms.
Wednesday, June 20, 2007 11:07 AM
So if I went with 2ohm speakers what kind of load would that give me?
Wednesday, June 20, 2007 11:08 AM
By the way I have a fade feature. I can fade from front to back. And yes An Alpine MRV-T407 is only a two channel amplifier
Wednesday, June 20, 2007 11:12 AM
ahhh nevermind that part then. its my mistake.
Thursday, June 21, 2007 1:40 PM
nate, yer slippin dog!

Friday, June 22, 2007 2:01 PM
By the way if anybody wanted to know I went to the local audio shop and talked to the installer an he said that would give me a 1 ohm load. By The Way ....Alpine or JL Audio??
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search