simple HU opinion - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
simple HU opinion
Sunday, April 15, 2007 3:23 PM
I'm looking for a new deck for my car for the summer (it hasn't had a deck since I took it off the road to do the engine swap).

I'm just looking for a fairly basic CD player with decent preamp outs.
I also like the ones with the feature of the front USB input for a thumb drive that plays AAC, WMA, and MP3 files.

Right now I'm leaning toward the Clarion DXZ575USB.
For about $200, it's got some decent features, and I've always been happy with Clarion's sound quality.

Here's what I'll be running it with:
A 4 channel amp for the main speakers (6.5" separates) and 2 10" subs on the second amp.
Nothing pounding, just good sound quality at all volumes.

Any other suggestions for something similar or better in this price range? Just looking for options/opinions.

Re: simple HU opinion
Monday, April 16, 2007 3:54 AM
I've never had a problem with Kenwood decks. Mine has front and rear RCA pre-outs, and a separate set of RCA pre-outs for the sub which can then be controlled from the deck with different settings. It's a KDC-X579. Good luck with the new setup.

Gotta keep on livin', L-I-V-I-N
Monday, April 16, 2007 12:31 PM
Pioneer DEH-6900UB is at the same pricepoint, and Pioneer makes a decent headunit. Just another option, but if you're partial to Clarion then I'd say to stick with it.

Monday, April 16, 2007 2:42 PM
Actually, I have considered the Pioneer GM-sized units before, but it looks like they no longer make them. I've owned a Clarion before, and I was very happy with the sound quality compared with other decks I've had.

Thanks for the input guys. Anyone else?

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search