need some capacitor help - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
need some capacitor help
Tuesday, April 10, 2007 10:52 PM
ok i know all of u are going to say do the big 3 well i didnt and i bought a capacitor so please help with this. I cant for the life of me figure out how to do 2 amps to my capacitor

capacitor is 2 farat with 2 positvive conectors and 2 negative conectors....................obviously im going to take the 4 guage wire from battery connect it to cap........but then what.............if anyone has a diagram or pictures thatd be great, iv looked online and every site just has text and its always so damn confusing...........thanks for the help

Re: need some capacitor help
Wednesday, April 11, 2007 3:52 AM
Wednesday, April 11, 2007 9:20 AM
i looked there and saw nothing about multi amp cap hookup. can i put the incoming 12v into one of the caps ports and then put two wires in the other positive cap port to two amps or does anyone have pics or a guide
Wednesday, April 11, 2007 11:54 AM
ok maybe i need more info for help

4 guage wire at battery to circut breaker (replacing inline fuse) too what ?

I have 2 farat capacitor with 2 positive ports and 2 negative

I have 1 4 channel amp with 75 rms to each of my speakers

I have 1 mono amp with 1100 peak (not sure the rms) its a panasonic amp.............
Now how do i connect everything

I have 2 sets of 8 guage wiring and 1 more set of 4 gauge............

So i really need help starting at the distribution block............ what comes out the other side and what does it connect to and so on ? also if i need a distribution block will it be fused or non fused ? sorry for all the quesitons iv looked and looked and asked and asked (at local places) but i trust ur guys expertise more than theirs
Wednesday, April 11, 2007 12:54 PM
Sorry, I should elaborate. You do not need a capacitor. You'll need distribution blocks, get one fused, one not fused. The fused one will be for your positive, non-fused for your ground.

Wednesday, April 11, 2007 12:56 PM
ok............but what about the capacitor that is in the back of my car lol............where does it go...........dont say the trash lol
Wednesday, April 11, 2007 2:09 PM
dont quote me on this but i believe on positive is coming from the battery while the other positive goes to your dis block , dis block to amps and i think its the same with the ground...one in one out....I might be wrong so some one verify this plz....
Wednesday, April 11, 2007 2:33 PM
illdwes . wrote:dont quote me on this but i believe on positive is coming from the battery while the other positive goes to your dis block , dis block to amps and i think its the same with the ground...one in one out....I might be wrong so some one verify this plz....

You got it...the two sets of connectors are just that: one set for input, one set for output. you can use a distribution block, or you can run the wires directly from the amps and have the ring connectors on them so that you can stack them, but the block will be a cleaner install.

The Big 3 is not expensive, so you should go ahead and do it anyway. While the Big 3 is a better upgrade, having both is ideal.

Wednesday, April 11, 2007 2:44 PM
Let me verify that the cap in the back of your car goes in the garbage.

Wednesday, April 11, 2007 2:59 PM
james nation wrote:ok............but what about the capacitor that is in the back of my car lol............where does it go...........dont say the trash lol

Im gunna say it, throw it in the trash...

If you insist on using it, it would be the same was as with one amp.

Here is how the wire travels..

Battery>Fuse
Fuse>Cap
Cap>Distribution Block
Distro Block>Both amps
Now

Both Amps >Ground Distro Block
Ground Distro Block> Ground point.

This is an all in one block liek the one I just bought. You dont need an all in one block by any means, nor do you need that many outputs...I used mine for a long ass time with a 4in/2 8g out ground block and a 4gin/Dual 8g out Fused Block..

Wednesday, April 11, 2007 7:35 PM
Oh and can i ask what breaker your using? Im thiking about replacing my fuses with Tsunami Breakers and a Tsnumai Voltmeter/Fuse Monitor..when every second counts in a comp..its nice to be able to just flip a switch..

Wednesday, April 11, 2007 10:56 PM
ill deffinatly look at what my circuit breaker is..........but yea i deffinatly love how easy it is to install new stuff on the circuitbreaker................. a flip of a switch and the systems off. Oh and one last thing............im not doubting you but for the power distribution block are u sure its fused or unfused................i keep forgeting the rule of caps and fuses i thought u cant have a fuse after a cap but before a cap its fine.

Oh yea i saw ur verizon banner...........do u work for them as well or what ? Im in the FSC (if u work for them u know what im talking about)

But seriously thanx for the help
Wednesday, April 11, 2007 11:08 PM
POSITIVE IS FUSED
GROUND IS UNFUSED

there

Wednesday, April 11, 2007 11:09 PM
I should read a whole post. Fuses are fine after caps.

Friday, April 13, 2007 9:13 AM
Thanx for the help u guys got it all set up.......but the subs my friend is letting me borrow suck ass. Gotta get some panasonics. Oh and for those of u that remember me asking about panasonic stuff, well their car audio is some premium @!#$
Friday, April 13, 2007 9:25 AM
i didnt read the whole deal but do you still bneed a circuit breaker? i have one cheap

My car may run 18s, but I can do your taxes in 10 seconds flat.
JBO lube - they would never have enough in stock and we'd never see RodimusPrime again
Friday, April 13, 2007 1:39 PM
I do! PM me

And james...no...no it isnt

Friday, April 13, 2007 2:37 PM
what dont u like about panasonic ? there are no reviews anywhere
Friday, April 13, 2007 4:40 PM
Its not that I dont like them, its just that there equipment definitly is premium @!#$..

Saturday, April 14, 2007 2:45 PM
lol.....ok well i have no faults with them...........unlike jensen and dual and all those low brands
Saturday, April 14, 2007 3:00 PM
I have a 1000W 4ch amp from Panasonic and it runs like a champ. Runs cool, no distortion at its rated power, and low current consumption.

What else do you need?

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search