Box for my subs. - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Box for my subs.
Friday, April 06, 2007 9:39 AM
What would be better? Ive got to Rockford and fosgate p2's, and right now, there in seperate sealed boxes...Would i get better sound out of a single ported box?

Thanks, Tom.

Re: Box for my subs.
Friday, April 06, 2007 10:30 AM
personally i would leave them separated, unless there specs are exactly the same. just make 2 ported boxes. if u put them together, you might have one sub fighting the other one. build 2 separate chambers and u will not have to worry about it.
Friday, April 06, 2007 11:04 AM
Ported Owns Sealed..

And you will be absolutely fine building them in the same chamber. MOF I haven't seen many separate chamber Ported Boxes Lately...

Im going to assume you have 12's, If not let me know, but for 12's

4 cubes(perfect for you) and at the high end of DD range for tuning. 35hz

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Friday, April 06, 2007 11:08 AM

Friday, April 06, 2007 12:19 PM
Dude... Can I borrow that diagram? I have P2's as well in a sealed box... 1.25" cubes per chamber. It's pretty loud right now, but I would love to make a box like that.

Friday, April 06, 2007 1:31 PM
i dont think that box will fit a cavalier. I have 35" between the rear decklid arms that hold up the trunk. and probally 17" high max. Maybe im wrong
Friday, April 06, 2007 1:42 PM
Prolly not, as thats a pretty good sized box. I was showing an example..

Give me your max dimensions, i will either A. Build a box. Or B give you the blue prints

Friday, April 06, 2007 2:47 PM
I'll measure as well.. and the P2 12's recommended ported volume is 1.79 cu. ft,

39 Hz
Port: (1) 4" diam. x 10" long
Port: (1) 10.16 cm x 25.40 cm

That's all taken from RF's site. I have the DVC 4 ohm 12's, wired to 1 ohm.

Friday, April 06, 2007 3:25 PM
I know the rec is for cubes, I also know what people do best with..thats 4-4.5cubes..

If you want to follow what JL says go with there prefab box...

Friday, April 06, 2007 7:06 PM
i was actually planning on going the easy way and buying on, any ideas? I was loooking at the ones they have at futureshop and besbuy...theres 2 of em, Ported and on with slots...Made by bassworx.

What ones do you guys think?
Friday, April 06, 2007 7:08 PM
Might as well stick with your sealed. I wouldn't waste money on a prefab...

And both of those are ported...round ports and Slot ports...

How much is each one?

Saturday, April 07, 2007 11:20 AM
#1 is 139.99, and #2 is 179.99. And i know there both ported, but i just wasnt sure what one would be better.

Saturday, April 07, 2007 1:17 PM
Neither, there prefabs...

for that much money, just build one...It would be way cheaper...

Saturday, April 07, 2007 2:20 PM
if you cant build one yourself, I recomend JD from east coast custom enclosures. he does quality work at great prices and will build the box to your subs specifications, have it tuned where you want it tuned, not some prefab generic box.

easiest way to get ahold of him is go to www.caraudioforum.com and click on the for sale forum, his thread is the one that says something like "best price on custom enclosures" just go to the last page, make a thread telling him what you have, what you drive, and what you want for a box. pretty simple. and as for the single or seperate chamber question, you are not going to run into issues running them in common chambers. that crap that was said about the subs "fighting" each other is bs. if your subs are both receiving the same power, and are wired properly, there isnt going to be ANY issue with a common chamber.

and as for the question wether sealed or ported will be better... well ported is a little more power efficient meaning your subs will play louder easier, as a general rule, sealed will be able to take more power, and sometimes you want to push more power to them to get them to work more to thier full potential. and ported, of course will get louder as a general rule as well

the main thing is that the box is built out of a quality priduct (commonly, 3/4 MDF and nothing less), and it is built to the correct specs for the subs.

On the other hand....you have other fingers.

KevinP (Stabby McShankyou) wrote:not funny... i just can't find that funny... not with 2 copies of the Candyland board game on your shelf.

Saturday, April 07, 2007 3:23 PM
hey now...take away my business dustin..lol

Saturday, April 07, 2007 4:17 PM
I didn't even read anywhere you were selling a box. I know you do good work, so if you were implying that you would build him one. by all means i wouldnt take away from that!

On the other hand....you have other fingers.

KevinP (Stabby McShankyou) wrote:not funny... i just can't find that funny... not with 2 copies of the Candyland board game on your shelf.

Saturday, April 07, 2007 6:13 PM
I just mentioned it(i think) but honestly, I think he would be better of tackling it himself..maybe learning a little about it..

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search