Looking for 2 more subs + Amps, Need Help - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Looking for 2 more subs + Amps, Need Help
Friday, April 06, 2007 10:58 AM
Alright, lemme see if I can give you an idea of what I'm looking for...

What I have right now (complete system):

2 JL 10" w3v3's in two separate sealed boxes
A cap - Not sure on specs though
A JBL Grand touring 600 watt monoblock class d amp split two ways for the subs
A JBL Grand touring 4-channel 520 watt amp
2 Apline type s 6 x 9 3-ways in the back
2 Alpine type s 4" 2 way in front
Panasonic deck

What I'm looking for:

I want louder bass, yes, but I want it to be clean. I pride my system on the very clean sound it has. But I also want more low end bass. The w3v3's are great for all around bass, but they don't get very low. I'd like to add more low end, while keeping the sound as clean as possible. I'll need an amp for it as well.

This will be going in my new grand prix. There is a very large trunk in that car, so space isn't a huge issue. However there will be my two w3v3's in there...

Alright guys, let me know if there is something you can recommend. If you need to know more about what I'm looking for or have, let me know and I'll look it up.

Re: Looking for 2 more subs + Amps, Need Help
Friday, April 06, 2007 11:03 AM
Wait you want to mix and match subs? Sorry i see you said that you will have them in there as well so im just asking..

I have 2 Alpine Type R's. They were used for about a month..long story short, i thought they were blown..they are not...(dont want to get into it on here as its well, embarassing lol)
And a Alpine M1005. I hate to sell all of it as i was gunna build a nice system for my other car

1. I need to buy a bigger amp for the FI sub
2. I need the under seat space for the PS2

Friday, April 06, 2007 11:05 AM
get two more w3s
Friday, April 06, 2007 11:11 AM
2 more arent going to get him the low end bass he wants

Friday, April 06, 2007 6:20 PM
I mean that the grand prix will have the two w3v3's I have now in the trunk as well as the new stuff...

Friday, April 06, 2007 6:36 PM
so you wanna mix and match subs?

Why not just replace them with subs that stay clean and go low

Friday, April 06, 2007 10:49 PM
Ummmm........ BUILD A SLOT PORTED BOX FOR THEM AND IT WILL MAKE THEM PUT OUT MORE than a Sealed Box. 3db more at the same power levels if done right. Pretty much 2X the amount you are use to sealed.

Saturday, April 07, 2007 12:13 PM
I don't want a ported box. I want deeper bass. Not "make my brain rattle out my ears" I was thinking maybe putting in two 12" w7's. Would help with the low end?
I like the amount of "rattle" I get from, my two subs now, but I want more to go lower...
I'm sorry if I made that confusing.

Rosario, what do you mean by mix and match subs?

Saturday, April 07, 2007 1:16 PM
Well you have two Jls and you want to add more subs ontop of those...so two different kinds of subs.

I would go with 12;s first of all. Still tight bass like a 10, but will get deeper. Port box, tuned low..

Saturday, April 07, 2007 9:19 PM
if you have 10's already and you get 12's too, wont they cancel each other out?

and dont mix subs, thats as dumb as mixing sizes.

Check out my build thread!

Saturday, April 07, 2007 9:25 PM
^^ I don't know, that's why I'm asking. I honestly don't know much about audio other than my car sounds like a concert hall, and that I payed out my ass to have it that way.
So if I don't want to mix subs, should I get lets say 2 12" w7's. Would that help low end if I put them in a single ported box?

Tuesday, April 10, 2007 7:40 PM
A properly tuned ported box will produce lower bass than a sealed box without increaseing amp size. Just because its ported does NOT mean it will rattle your brains out. As far as mixing sizes, thats a bad idea as it will cancel out and decrease output. As far as using W7s you will need a much larger amp and if they are not put in the right box will not meet you requirments either. Best idea I have is to use what you already have with a PROPERLY tuned ported box. It will produce the lower notes and a little louder sound without much investment, if it still doesnt suit what your needs are then sell it and start over with another combination of subs and amp.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search