Shocker Audio - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Shocker Audio
Wednesday, April 04, 2007 7:00 AM
I searched and couldn't really find anything..I was talking to my friend and he's got a shocker audio sub(15) he's wanting to get rid of..He said I could get it off of him for like $75 in a box already..I'm also looking at 2 12" Audiobahn's..I have 2 400 watt amps, and could probably sell those to get like 1000 watt amp if I go w/ the shocker..any opinions on shocker? I haven't really heard anything about them, I've heard they are pretty good for spl if you have the power, but kinda sloppy for SQ..

Re: Shocker Audio
Wednesday, April 04, 2007 8:11 AM
Shocker is wholesome.

Wednesday, April 04, 2007 10:21 AM
Shocker is made by mike ankney. A one man show. he gave up his company a couple years ago. He still tinkers with it and makes subs just not on the level many would like. for awhile he had some of the loudest subs in the world. he is from ohio which could be why your boy has one still. im assuming its the SS model he has right? word on the street is he is making some seriously monster neo magged woofers.
Wednesday, April 04, 2007 11:38 AM
I heard it in his car, I think it's louder than my buddy's 2 w7's...with 2400 watts running to them..he is running an 800 watt amp

Wednesday, April 04, 2007 11:25 PM
install plays a pretty important role in that.

GAM (The Kilted One) wrote: if you think you're that much better than them because you're "correct" I hope your progeny don't turn out as screwed up as yourself.

Friday, April 06, 2007 9:13 AM
OhForKavaleerLSport wrote:I heard it in his car, I think it's louder than my buddy's 2 w7's...with 2400 watts running to them..he is running an 800 watt amp

Sadly enough - you could be right. It's such a shame people pay big bucks for these W6's, and W7's - and install them wrong, with no tune, or in a box.. blah. It really saddens me. My boy holds a Virginia State record, and he had 1 RE 15" subwoofer with 1,400 watts... and my setup is only about 2-4db's(depending on the meter) louder than his, and I have two of the 13.5W6's. I would grab this subwoofer if it's honestly louder than W7's, or if it's anything comparable.. I have seen two W7's in a box, ported, with minimal wattage(I think about 1500) blow well over 150... so. Speaking of which, has anyone played with those MTX 9500's.. jesus. My boy has 2 10's, and it is just LOUD.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2508821
Friday, April 06, 2007 9:59 AM
two w7s are not getting you over a 150 without a wall and those mtx 9500sare nothing to brag about
Friday, April 06, 2007 10:25 AM
What can you use to find out how much db's your system is pushing? I'd kinda like to know, because I have 2 10" w3v3's in sealed boxes, with 600 watts split between both, and my sub set-up is louder than other people's I've seen who've had 12's and 15's.
I'm not trying to say my system kicks ass or anything, cause I know there are plenty of set-ups out there that are much better than mine. I'm just agreeing that the way it's installed can make a big difference in quality.

Saturday, April 07, 2007 2:08 AM
Shocker made some quality SPL subs back in the day.

n8ball2013 wrote:two w7s are not getting you over a 150 without a wall and those mtx 9500sare nothing to brag about

Exactly.
Why on earth do people even bother trying to get loud with pure SQ subs?? I used to run the original 12W6s and they were amazing, but never for 1 second did I think they were meant for anything but SQ.
MTX 9500s are good - they can get reasonably loud and sound good doing it (in the right box). But IMO, if you want loud, the only 9500 worth buying has DD on the dustcap

GAM (The Kilted One) wrote: if you think you're that much better than them because you're "correct" I hope your progeny don't turn out as screwed up as yourself.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search