quick help...need a pinout - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
quick help...need a pinout
Monday, April 02, 2007 6:36 PM
Anyone have a pinout for a 95 Cavalier for the 'firewall' plug? (not actually on the firewall on our cars, but the large plug just to the outside of the steering column under the hood.

I am almost finished with my wiring harness, but I have come down to a handful of wires that are all the same two colors, and I can't finish until I know what the pinout is. If anyone has it that can scan it (the best would be the factory service manual type where it's just a list of all the pin numbers, what it goes to, and the color of the wire). I've been able to get through 90% of my wiring project on the Haynes manual I've had forever, except that it doesn't give pinouts, so now I have no way of differentiating the wires with the same colors (how many times did GM feel the need to use the PINK wire??? ). I have ordered the service manual, but it's not going to be here before my next day off, and I'm hoping to finish my wiring then.

Anyone able to help? Thanks in advance.

Re: quick help...need a pinout
Monday, April 02, 2007 6:50 PM
I checked to see what I have but no go... my GM manual and Chiltons only have the PCM pinouts.

Tuesday, April 03, 2007 1:23 PM
Im assuming it had a 2.2 in it since it was a base model. if im wrong correct me. i tried Mitchell on Demand and got nothing. ill have a Co-Worker check ALLDATA later. but from studying ECM (PCM whatever the module in the lefthand kickpanel its lookin like theres a pink wire that goes to the fuel injectors.

Tuesday, April 03, 2007 1:37 PM
Thanks. I managed to score one from a helpful friend on here that emailed it to me.

Yes, the injectors have a pink wire going to them, that is the ignition feed. The second wire goes to the ECM for the signal.

The main issue is that there are a ton of pink wires, and a ton of green/black wires. I needed to figure out which ones were supposed to go to what.
Everything else I was able to get by the color coding, but they threw a curve with all the pink and green.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search