Opening up shop, what brands to carry? - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Opening up shop, what brands to carry?
Thursday, March 29, 2007 5:29 PM
I'm open to suggestions on brands to carry. I currently have RE and US amps lined up, thats it. I need decent companies for:

Wire
Harnesses/mounts
Decks
Monitors
2 more sub companies
2 more amp companies
Speakers
Lighting
Batteries
Alternators
Alarm/remote start
Tint film

I'm looking for brands that YOU would buy. Canadian based is good too.

Thanks,
-Ben Keyzers
-Black Market Audio Video

Re: Opening up shop, what brands to carry?
Thursday, March 29, 2007 5:47 PM
What brands are currently sold in your area??

I would suggest the following...

Install parts-metra, stinger
Tint, Llumar
Alarms-DEI
Batteries and alts-Stinger would cover you there

For headunits, panasonic, alpine, pioneer. get recognized brands that will be easy to sell, and easy to service.

--------------------------------------------------------------
Offical dealer for the following-

SOUNDSTREAM
DB LINK
DB DRIVE
PANASONIC
GARMIN
ROSEN
SCOSCHE
XE DESIGNS
SOUNDGATE
PAC
LITEGLOW

Friday, March 30, 2007 3:14 AM
Funky pup subs.

Friday, March 30, 2007 11:16 AM
Rockford Fosgate amps and subs, Streetglow lighting, Kicker amps and subs, Optima batteries, Viper alarms, Alpine amps, subs, decks, Scosche wiring harnesses just a few ideas

We Ride Together, We Die Together...... J-Bodies For Life!
SPONSORED BY: Showstopper Tuning, JM Graphics
2003 Cavalier LS Sport "SHOCKWAVE"
Friday, March 30, 2007 1:20 PM
also look into the companies, allot of the higher brands won't deal with you unless you place an opening order of say 5-10k worth of product. i'd try to get some products that are nown that arnt sold at every store around. people nock low end gear but if your just starting out that is the gear that will move thru the door more. just try and pick up 1 high end brand, a middle of the line brand and then something cheap.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Sunday, April 01, 2007 4:40 PM
^ Well put.

Offer it the way a salesmen does, look at it from this perspective of a car salesmen in the early 90's.

Im going to offer the customer 3 choices.

The Caddy
The Chevy
Tee 83 VW Rabbit

-My biggest suggestion is to ask Alex about distributing or dealing eD equipement. Next to no one knows about its sale online, and it can make for a fantastic midend solution. Even a low end with their pricing. (Not that their entry level equipement is by any means on the same level as lw end equipement)

My Cav
I give up...
i'm buying a VW those people love trees, so they should love eachother too... "Andy"
Tuesday, April 03, 2007 10:34 AM
look into powerbass, dhd, power acoustic.

for the love of all things holy do not carry jensen, pyle, pyramid, dual, or any similar currently sold to the morons through jcwhitney, walmart, etc. audiovox isnt good either.

i had a powerbass system in my first car, a mazda. pioneer deck and powerbass speakers, it was a decent cheap system.

Who have work on your car is often the difference between "Hey sweet car!" and "Parts for sale!". Choose your mechanic carefully.
Sunday, April 15, 2007 4:01 PM
look into a company called keystone they deal with alot of companies my buddy just opened up shop and work through them

Sunday, April 15, 2007 6:00 PM
so if we help you get your shop running by giving you brands to look for do we get any discounts? lol

We Ride Together, We Die Together...... J-Bodies For Life!
SPONSORED BY: Showstopper Tuning, JM Graphics
2003 Cavalier LS Sport "SHOCKWAVE"
Sunday, April 15, 2007 8:26 PM
I agree that you should find brands that your buyers know, however In my opinion you need to find a company that you think you can have a good relationship with. Definitely study the companies and find out how their represenatives treat other businesses. Some companies in the past were great but have fell in quality due to mass production. Find out what kind of warranties they carry. That is a great way to upsell a customer based on warranty. You should definitely carry a minimum of 3 brands one as your high quality brands such as JL, Memphis, Boston Acoustic. Then work your way down to a middle market name like alpine or clarion. After that find an entry level company. Almost each of those companies have 2-3 different lines themselves. Also you should see what people around you are selling. If you are near any kind of BB/CC you really cant make a profit off of any kind of brand such as infinity, kicker, pioneer. They sell them at way to low of a price. Your money from that will be installing what those companies cant and wont install. I hope this has help at least a little

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search