GPS Install.... - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
GPS Install....
Saturday, November 11, 2006 9:12 AM
Hey all. I have a Magellan GPS unit with a dash hardmount kit. I am looking to get ideas on how and where to install it, and I was wondering if you guys can send me a pic of your install. I know most people use the in-dash navigation, but I don't really have the need nor the cash for that kind of setup. Any GPS install pics would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Re: GPS Install....
Saturday, November 11, 2006 9:21 AM

The wire is ran under all the door trim pieces and hard wired into a switched power wire.

Disclaimer: Dey see me Trollin' Dey hatin' for trollin dey trying to catch me ridin dirty.

Saturday, November 11, 2006 12:29 PM
picture a laptop on my pass seat and a small round reciever on the dash

i dont have a dashmount, but the above looks liek a good idea

I may run 18s, but I can do your taxes in 10 seconds flat.
Friday, February 23, 2007 10:16 PM
I finally got around to getting the external antenna, now my question is how is the performance if the antenna is inside the car? I already have an XM Satty antenna in the center of the trunk and I really don't want another antenna outside the car. I have a good spot on the rear dash planned out for it, but I heard performance can be affected if it's inside the car? Do you think I will be able to get by with it inside the car? Thanks for the help!
Friday, February 23, 2007 10:44 PM
if you have a coupe, you should be ok. There is enough slant to the glass to get a good signal. If not place it next to your XM one.

Saturday, February 24, 2007 7:32 AM
James (ROLN19S) (JuicyJ) wrote:if you have a coupe, you should be ok. There is enough slant to the glass to get a good signal. If not place it next to your XM one.

Sounds good. Thanks!
Saturday, February 24, 2007 7:34 AM
By the way, does anyone else have their GPS hardwired like I'm planning? I appreciate your pic Cavie Freak, and I'm still looking for a few more. Thanks guys!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search