Horrible Radio Reception - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Horrible Radio Reception
Monday, September 18, 2006 9:00 AM
hey guys quick question. I rarely listen to my radio, but yesterday I didn't feel like listenin to the CD. My question is. My reception is horrible compaired to my stock radio. I have a pioneer DEH-4800. I was wonderin what the problem could be. Is the ant. wire I have crappy? Replace? Maybe it shook loose and I should check it out. I know I prolly check it out first before the post, but I'm at work and it popped into my head. So maybe I'll have a solution be for the drive home. thanks guys.

Re: Horrible Radio Reception
Monday, September 18, 2006 9:19 AM
when you installed the new deck, did you get the antenna adapter too? if not, theres your problem. most if not all the GMs need an antenna adapter when putting in an aftermarket deck.

theres a pic, if you dont know what im talking about.

Injection is nice but id rather be BLOWN!
Monday, September 18, 2006 11:42 AM
My DEH-4600 gets horrible reception and i bought the antenna adaptor. I just think it's pioneer HU's, because one of my friends has no problem with his alpine in his cavalier and another one of my friends has a wal-mart brand (Durabrand i believe) cd player in his sunfire and it gets better reception than mine too. My HU supposively has super tuner IIID but reception is @!#$ on it. So I just keep a good variety of CD's because it sucks to listen to the radio in my car.
Monday, September 18, 2006 2:02 PM
02Cavy wrote:My DEH-4600 gets horrible reception and i bought the antenna adaptor. I just think it's pioneer HU's, because one of my friends has no problem with his alpine in his cavalier and another one of my friends has a wal-mart brand (Durabrand i believe) cd player in his sunfire and it gets better reception than mine too. My HU supposively has super tuner IIID but reception is @!#$ on it. So I just keep a good variety of CD's because it sucks to listen to the radio in my car.

yea I was just about to say. I do have the adpater, and on sometimes the reception is perfect. i.e. the first day I did the install. Since then I have been bangin my CDs but thought I'd listen to the mornin radio on the drive into work. The reception would fade in and out in certain spots and cancel out under the bridge, that of which never happened with the stocker. Thanks for the help tho, I do prefer my CDs more but ofcourse I need to make a new mix now. lol

Wednesday, September 20, 2006 11:38 AM
thanks guys i just got one i always wondered what happend LOL oh well

Wednesday, September 20, 2006 7:09 PM
Its sad that my new radio has crappy reception, it does have SAT Radio ready plugs, but I'll never use it. lol hate to think that my 5 year old JVC has perfect reception in my Grand AM. Too bad it doesn't have all the features that my Pioneer has or I would have just used that radio. Ah well...

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search