HU fading during play - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
HU fading during play
Sunday, September 17, 2006 1:13 PM
Searched and didnt find anything.. basically lookin for a quick suggestion on what to do..

If im driving my car around 15-30min+ during while its playin the music will fade out..and sometimes comes back as quick as it faded out and sometimes it takes a while.. and then will just continue to fade out and come back in. Its a old Kenwood HU so my first thought was maybe its dieing out? But could it be wires just came loose maybe? I used butt connectors to do teh wires into the wiring adapter.. but then i installed a antenna adapter later on so im thinkin maybe pulling the HU out to do that might have pulled loose a wire? Just lookin for some suggestions before i go tearing out the Cd player..

Re: HU fading during play
Sunday, September 17, 2006 1:24 PM
Pull the deck, and see if there is a MUTE wire on it. make sure if bare wire is exposed there, to tape it off. I had that problem with a Kenwood some kid brought in. Damn mute wire was grounding out, and it would fade in and out.

Re: HU fading during play
Sunday, September 17, 2006 2:01 PM
ight ill take it out tomma and check it out.. luckily my dash i already out easier to remove.. figured id take the wiring adapter and soldder the connections while im at it..

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search