Hyperground system - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Hyperground system
Friday, September 15, 2006 10:44 PM
I havent seen much about it bad or good. is this a good mod or wut?

Re: Hyperground system
Friday, September 15, 2006 11:31 PM
It works, makes it easier for you charging system to get electricity around. Do it, you'll have more stable voltages at idle and less dimming under heavy bass.

Saturday, September 16, 2006 6:27 AM
thnx, that sounds like a good deal. are there any specific aplications that u recommend?

/

Saturday, September 16, 2006 8:57 AM
Just get yourself any stereo 4 or 8 gauage power/ground wire. It's cheaper.
Saturday, September 16, 2006 9:12 AM
Yeah. I made the mistake of buying 0-gauge, and then I had to find a fuse holder that would work with 1/0gauge. NOT CHEAP. Go with 4 if you can.

Saturday, September 16, 2006 9:56 AM
What are your connecting points?
Saturday, September 16, 2006 10:06 AM
Me? Same as everyone else. Negetive to frame, positive to alt, block to frame

Saturday, September 16, 2006 1:54 PM
BradSk88 wrote:Me? Same as everyone else. Negetive to frame, positive to alt, block to frame
no battery ground?

--------------------------------------------------------------
Offical dealer for the following-

SOUNDSTREAM
DB LINK
DB DRIVE
PANASONIC
GARMIN
ROSEN
SCOSCHE
XE DESIGNS
SOUNDGATE
PAC
LITEGLOW

Saturday, September 16, 2006 2:36 PM
I think he means Negative as battery negative to frame.

Saturday, September 16, 2006 2:39 PM
What'd you think I meant, film negetive?

Saturday, September 16, 2006 5:41 PM
Bad Boy P-Noy wrote:Just get yourself any stereo 4 or 8 gauage power/ground wire. It's cheaper.

I would do this, but i dont know exactly wut its for, could u elaborate more on wut u r telling me to get this for?

Saturday, September 16, 2006 8:40 PM
Saturday, September 16, 2006 9:42 PM
yea, ive seen that post but it is confusing to me. i dont wanna mess up that stuff.. dont the systems that u purchase plug in easier than this? i dont mind spending the money if the install is easier, i just dont know wtf im doin concerning engine electrical stuff

Saturday, September 16, 2006 9:53 PM
no, if you buy a kit or do it yourself, your spending the same amount of time under the hood, but if you DIY you save a bunch of cash.......the whole I dea is to replace your sucky factroy grounds with better grounds, so do it yourself and save a lot of money

You'll never touch God's hand
You'll never taste God's breath
Because you'll never see the second coming
Life's too short to be focused on insanity
I've seen the ways of God
I'll take the devil any day
Hail Satan

(slayer, skeleton christ, 2006)
Saturday, September 16, 2006 10:29 PM
Kit = Not buying the pieces separately. That's all You'll save money if you just go to your stereo shop, pick up some 4 or 8 gauge cable and 6 bolt adaptors.

Saturday, September 16, 2006 10:39 PM
Try this,,,you'll get the idea. this one is for the ecotec. Hope this works.
http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=412146
Saturday, September 16, 2006 10:42 PM
Well I guess it's not just the ecotec. Good luck
Saturday, September 16, 2006 11:15 PM
thnx that made a lil more sense/ if that one came with words for it i would be ok

Sunday, September 17, 2006 10:22 AM
Hyperground systems look cool

Monday, September 18, 2006 6:12 PM
only thing i found odd on the pics on that site is he had a ground wire from the strut bolt over to the fender bolt wich doesnt make any sence. not to mention the fact that it doesnt look like he scraped the paint away from the strut location.

all you need is 4 gauge wire and connectors for the end. if you want i can go out tomorrow and take pics of my wiring layout.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Monday, September 18, 2006 6:31 PM
sndsgood wrote:only thing i found odd on the pics on that site is he had a ground wire from the strut bolt over to the fender bolt wich doesnt make any sence. not to mention the fact that it doesnt look like he scraped the paint away from the strut location.

all you need is 4 gauge wire and connectors for the end. if you want i can go out tomorrow and take pics of my wiring layout.
Would it not be able to ground through the bolt?

Monday, September 18, 2006 6:43 PM
sndsgood. If you don't mind, I'd liked to see the wiring diagram you have to get an idea.

thanks
Tuesday, September 19, 2006 10:14 AM
Evil Cavalier wrote:
sndsgood wrote:only thing i found odd on the pics on that site is he had a ground wire from the strut bolt over to the fender bolt wich doesnt make any sence. not to mention the fact that it doesnt look like he scraped the paint away from the strut location.

Would it not be able to ground through the bolt?

not as well becaues now your tring to run thru multiple pieces. the bolt, the nut the washer etc. you want a solid metal to metal connection and the least amount of things you have to travel thru the better.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search