Easiest ways to mount 6x9's? - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Easiest ways to mount 6x9's?
Wednesday, January 11, 2006 5:37 PM
I found some nice 6x9's for my car but they wont fit in the holes in my back deck. I thought that all cavaliers had 6x9 holes in the back. Mines a 99 Z24 and the holes are for 5x7's whats the easiest way to mount them. I was thinking about drilling holes and mounting them under it but i dont know if the cone will hit or not when its moving. and i dont know how hard it would be to put them in from the top. if someones done this before please help me out.
thanks

Re: Easiest ways to mount 6x9's?
Wednesday, January 11, 2006 8:58 PM
sorry bud, GM does not use 5x7's, remember MEASURE twice cut ONCE

My Myspace Page
Wednesday, January 11, 2006 9:28 PM
screw em in ......

Wednesday, January 11, 2006 10:27 PM
IF they dont fit in the stock riser things, which they do
just screw em in to the deck itself, the metal part
they will fit IF they are 6x9s

Thursday, January 12, 2006 6:19 AM
Well i guess my car is wierd then because the 6x9's dont fit in the holes and the speakers i took out were 5x7's and when i got the car it had aftermarket speakers so does it come stock with the risers? thanks
Thursday, January 12, 2006 2:26 PM
it comes with little plastic pieces that raise the speaker up a bit...

wysiwyg wrote:i would say they bang, they don't really pound so much. but if
you want to bump, then they will bump and hit real hard and a lot good.

LOL
Thursday, January 12, 2006 5:42 PM
i put them in on the top earlier when i was setting the amps up and theres like an inch and a half between the speaker and the rear deck. And when the trunk is closed it hits the magnet so is it easier to drill holes from under it and bolt it? im hoping to have them back in by next weekend when i get my new engine.
thanks
Friday, January 13, 2006 2:36 PM
MDF is your friend, the mag and the backing of alot of 6x9's dont fit inot the cav rear deck holes, very easy rotoziP and a spare peice of MDF cut like a mounting plate fro the 6x9's the you can drill the mounting plate to the rear deck and the you can move the 6x9 in and out it needed,

Friday, January 13, 2006 6:07 PM
so if i use the mdf will it keep the magnets from hitting the bars and will it rub on the carpet if i do it that way? also where do i get mdf board ive never done anything custom with anything smaller then a 10.
thanks for all the help
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search