components - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
components
Tuesday, January 10, 2006 10:47 AM
Anyone have any pictures of 6.5" components in cav doors with power windows, I have alpine type r components and they are really deep so I am curious how other people place their components in the doors, help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: components
Tuesday, January 10, 2006 11:42 AM
i think THIS thread should do it...

GO PATS!!!
Tuesday, January 10, 2006 2:57 PM
no didnt help at all, but thanks for trying, my 6.5s are way to deep to try to put behind the door panel, they are the alpine type r mid and tweet combo, I think that i need to make some kind of pod but I d would like to see something before I start cutting into @!#$ lol
Tuesday, January 10, 2006 3:11 PM
damn, do you have a mounting depth? might wanna look into a set of KICK PANELS if you're POSITIVE it won't go into the doors...

GO PATS!!!
Tuesday, January 10, 2006 6:01 PM
maybe around three inches or more is the depth of the speaker, and I definetly do not want kick panels, you dont get enough full sound or punch out of the mids, thank you, keep coming up with ideas lol
Tuesday, January 10, 2006 7:41 PM
i was barely able to put 5.25 type r components in my doors. I dont have power windows and with the window all the way down there is about 1/8 inch between magnet and window.
Tuesday, January 10, 2006 8:46 PM
I dont want to put them behind the door,I would like to make some kind of pod , I was hoping someone would have pictures of something along those lines. and I do have power windows
Tuesday, January 10, 2006 9:38 PM
your saying your gunna get a better front stage out of putting them in the door rather than kick pannels? ing my eyes* you need a leason in imaginge or maybe car audio in general. not trying t sound like a dick or anything, but your very wrong here sir.

On the other hand....you have other fingers.

i had lots of toys when i was young.slinky,etc.but once i found my penis,that was all she wrote
Wednesday, January 11, 2006 12:13 AM
imaging might be better but you are very wrong about what I know, I have had q-logic kicks before and there isnt any room fir the midbass to kick and get that nice punchy midbass sound where as in the door it has lots of room to move
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search