Help me out - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Help me out
Tuesday, January 10, 2006 10:41 AM
hey guys whats up...i think i posted this in the wrong forum earlier...and I know there is a search button...i tried to look it up but could not find results...so can you please tell me...i got a 1995 chevy cavalier 2.2 and for christmas i got me a pilot autosport Push starter buttin with toggle swithces that i want to hook up...first of all...How do i do it (as in hooking up the push starter)...and second of all i get the fact that its a push button starter...but um how do u shut it off...please dont flame to hard...thanks

Re: Help me out
Tuesday, January 10, 2006 1:27 PM
Usually, people hook up the push button starter so they no longer have to turn the key to "start". So, you'd get in the car, put the key in, turn it forward to "ON" position, then push the start button. Then to turn the car off, you'd just turn the key back from the "ON" position to "lock".

You'll have to wire from the big red power wires in the ignition harness, to the yellow wire for the starter. (I think it's yellow... someone else.. quick! is it yellow?)

I've never done this... but I've worked on enough cars... that's the basics.

Re: Help me out
Wednesday, January 11, 2006 7:11 PM
Yes, the wire's yellow, which is the main one you'll use. There's also a white second ignition wire (I don't know why) Both are located in the ignition switch harness. Just follow the directions that came with it and you should be all set.

Good Luck!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search