Strange Reverb - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Strange Reverb
Monday, January 09, 2006 5:18 PM
I have 2 audiobahn 12 push 1000 watt audiobahn amp..and ive notice that some times. when the bass hits really hard i get this vibro/ reverb sound.. from the back speakers the box isnt ported i was thinking it might be from the back thing is vibrating which disorts the sound or something... but its defitnly not the speakers if you have any idea on what you think it could be.... give me a suggestion on how to fix it and ill give it a try...

Re: Strange Reverb
Monday, January 09, 2006 7:17 PM
Did you build your own box? What exactly are you referring to with "back panel"? If it's coming from the box it could be a lack of internal bracing that's causing the walls of the enclosure to resonate. It could also be the rear deck/trunk panels resonating - that could be fixed with dynomat.

The 50-50-90 rule: Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.
Monday, January 09, 2006 7:43 PM
Could be anything really. You need to be more specific on where the noise is coming from...the car itself, or the subs/box.

Tuesday, January 10, 2006 9:50 AM
well its coming from the rear deck speakers. i will try to dnyomate it. how do you get that thing to stop vibrating dnyomat wont do it all wil that rear deck is so flimsy.......
Wednesday, January 11, 2006 6:39 PM
your rear speakers actually kind of freely float in your rear deck, stick your head up under there while the sub is firing and i bet your speakers are actually rattling around up there, when i first put my 15 in i heard something similar and couldnt figure out why my mids were sounding screwed up, and what i came up with is that the rear deck speakers use the trunk for a free air kind of box, so they are exposed to the pressure in the trunk which distorts the cone and at the same time makes them vibrate against the rear deck panel....check into making some boxes for your speakers or securing them to the deck and you'll clean up alot of that.

J~
Thursday, January 12, 2006 9:18 AM
try sliding a towel in between your rear deck and the rear glass and then turn the bass up. i found that the rear deck on heavy bass notes can vibrate against the glass and put off a horrible sound. if thats the problem just pull your rear deck out and slide some foam back tehre to keep it from rattling

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search