Just installed subs and no rattling? - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Just installed subs and no rattling?
Sunday, January 08, 2006 7:19 AM
I just wanted to post this up to see if this was normal or not. I just installed 2 12" RE SE subs in a sealed box pwoered by an Orion 1200D amp. The thing that really amazed me is that there is no rattling whatsoever. The only thing that rattled was the license plase, but I just stuck some foam behind that. Has anyone else been this lucky when putting subs in? I figured I was going to be trying to get rid of rattles for months.

Wide Body Progress

Re: Just installed subs and no rattling?
Sunday, January 08, 2006 8:02 AM
Thats pretty good for 2 12"SE's.

Maybe it's just too loud and you cant hear the entire interior rattling.

Sunday, January 08, 2006 10:54 AM
Just give it a week or two and those RE's will loosen things up

The 50-50-90 rule: Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.
Sunday, January 08, 2006 1:12 PM
my rockford p210's have been in just about a year and ive got minimal rattle yet. only thing rattling a lot is my spoiler, just havent had time to get a silencing kit for it(or whatever the rubber strips are that you can put under it to keep i from vibrating)

Whats up people?
Sunday, January 08, 2006 11:29 PM
either you dont drive a J or you gotta give it a little more juice, cuz i know my cav is nothing but rattles, theyre not exactly the most stable and well built interiors in the world...

On the other hand....you have other fingers.

i had lots of toys when i was young.slinky,etc.but once i found my penis,that was all she wrote
Sunday, January 08, 2006 11:37 PM
Well, I haven't had much time to sit down and adjust it yet, but it pounds and i really cannot hear any rattles yet. I only have the gain @ like 3/4 for now. Guess I'll just have to give it some time and see.

Wide Body Progress

Sunday, January 08, 2006 11:43 PM
WHOA!!!! the gains arent a volume knob. its for adjusting to the outputs from ur cd player. what brand and model cd player do u have. if it has atleast 4 volt outputs, theres no reason the gains should be abouv half in my eye. same goes for bass boost. people treat it like a volume knob. but all it does is add distortion and the chance of clipping the amp and ruining the speakers.

Elemental Designs
Performance.Mobile.Audio.
alexl@edesignaudio.com
Warehouse Manager

Monday, January 09, 2006 12:03 AM
ok, its not a volume knob, no, but your getting to dramatic and referencing things in a context that isnt entirely true. forget about the pre out voltage crap he just referenced to when talking about your amp gains, some audio shops like to adjust it till it clips then turn it down till the audible clipping of the subs stops, then down a tiny bit more, other use a meter to set everything where it is, 3/4 gain isnt necesarily bad, it all depends on the amp and subs and everything all together, Alex, dont get your panties in a bunch bro, theres bigger things in the world for you to pop a vein about lol

On the other hand....you have other fingers.

i had lots of toys when i was young.slinky,etc.but once i found my penis,that was all she wrote
Monday, January 09, 2006 8:16 AM
i wansnt trying to be dramatic. sorry about that one. i was just trying to look out for a fellow j owner. there shouldnt really be a need to have the gains 3/4 on that orion amp. they are power beasts. but its not my stuff so no biggy. im glad hes happy with them. if u really want to make ur car rattle, port them beasts.

Elemental Designs
Performance.Mobile.Audio.
alexl@edesignaudio.com
Warehouse Manager

Monday, January 09, 2006 6:52 PM
i just put my 15" sx in my car and same thing until it hits a realll low and then the whole car vibrates like a tin can shaken inside of another

Monday, January 09, 2006 7:44 PM
J K (91_CRX) wrote:i just put my 15" sx in my car and same thing until it hits a realll low and then the whole car vibrates like a tin can shaken inside of another

What car do you have it in?

More detaile please

SX's are sweet subs.

Monday, January 09, 2006 7:45 PM
*details

Monday, January 09, 2006 9:13 PM
Unholysavage wrote:Just give it a week or two and those RE's will loosen things up

My Cav
I give up...
i'm buying a VW those people love trees, so they should love eachother too... "Andy"
Monday, January 09, 2006 9:45 PM
1Bad02Cav - the car is in my profile and i play it very loud, loud enough to shake the pictures off of my parents bed room 3 walls away inside my house from my attached garage

so far no rattles, well i guess thats not true the two rods inside my doors for the locks rattle, but other than that nothing

Whats up people?
Tuesday, January 10, 2006 11:09 AM
Lash wrote:
J K (91_CRX) wrote:i just put my 15" sx in my car and same thing until it hits a realll low and then the whole car vibrates like a tin can shaken inside of another

What car do you have it in?

More detaile please

SX's are sweet subs.

its in my 91 honda crx there is about zero sound deadning in it from it having stripped interior previously . now it barely has a rear interior. But yea i just got the sub last week thru that group buy its in a pre fab box until i save a few bucks to get one made by my friend ill take a pic later on .. i heart it

Sunday, January 15, 2006 2:41 AM
when i had my 15s my car rattled like crazy, everywhere things seemed to be making annoying buzzes and rattles along with the bass, but now i've got a kicker L7 and i swear half my rattles went away, although it could be that the thing hits so much harder and louder than the previous subs that i just cant hear them lol.

J~
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search