System Distortion Problem - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
System Distortion Problem
Saturday, January 07, 2006 11:09 PM
So today i go to get in my car to drive to work, i turn on my stereo, and start to play cd. Well i turn the volume on my deck to 20, and all my speakers start to distort/crackle/pop. All of them, and it gets worse as volume increases. Now it never did this before, and i doubt all my speakers are blown, so what could cause this. The deck is a clarion dxz845mc and the speakers are jbl gto. It does it for radio and cd, like it sounds fine till i start to increase the volume more then it slowly get worse. It never used to distort or crackle or pop till today, please any help would be appreaciated.

Re: System Distortion Problem
Sunday, January 08, 2006 9:50 AM
You made no changes at all? Has someone else driven your car? Make sure the bass eq isn't turned all the way up or anything, that'd cause distortion fast.

Sunday, January 08, 2006 1:34 PM
Its not really distortion i guess, its like static, it seems to be a power problem, like it gets worse when i ask it to go louder, even with all eq settings turned down, like i said its staticy muffled sound. No settings have changed, nothing has been removed or added.

Sunday, January 08, 2006 3:56 PM
I almost guarantee you that your static problem is two of your speaker wires making contact. Check your 6x9 speaker wires in your trunk and also the wires for your door speakers. This has happened to me before so i know what your are describing, if your cant find where the wires are touching, make sure that your speaker wires are not touching any metal on the car chassis and also check your cd player harness to make sure your connections are good.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search