Double DIN to Single DIN - Better looking? - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Double DIN to Single DIN - Better looking?
Friday, January 06, 2006 5:14 PM
So I decided to get a deck. I picked out what I want, but I just don't liek the way that all of the kits to make a single DIN fit into a double DIN slot look. They all look a little cheap to me.
My plan is to put the HVAC controls in the radio location and the deck in the HVAC location. I want a peice that has a storage hole or something, but that dosent look cheap.
Its hard to explain, but if anyone ahs a picture of something that even resembles what I'm talking about can you post it up and where you got it.
thanks
-Mat

"Louis, you better watch who you call a child. Because if I'm a child,
that makes you a pedafile, and I'm not gonna stand here and argue
with a pervert" -- Peter Griffin

Re: Double DIN to Single DIN - Better looking?
Friday, January 06, 2006 5:24 PM
I'm thinking, but not sure, that our cars have 1.5 DIN slot. I think it'd be too much work to just switch places for the hvac and deck and still have the little cubby hole. This is what mine looks like

Granted its a sunfire but it does look like it is supposed to be there. If u don't like how it looks how it sticks out on a cavy (i think some of them had that problem), u just cut a little piece of plastic back behind the radio and you can slide it all the way in.
I hope this helps - idk though.
-Seth

Saturday, January 07, 2006 12:56 AM
I took out my air vents and molded the cd player in it's place. THen I put an 7.2" monitor in the DD slot.

Saturday, January 07, 2006 10:46 AM

i never actually use the storage bin though cause nothing stays in there. everytime i accelerate everything flies out/ really annoying. that bass control knob isnt there anymore either, that was a temp solution. now its in the center console.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search