Infinity reference componet set - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Infinity reference componet set
Wednesday, January 04, 2006 6:03 PM
Has anyone had or do they have this componet set? if so how exactly do you go about hooking them up? I am lookin into this or a set of 4x6 plate speakers for my cavalier. right now I have infinity reference 6.5" 2 ways in the doors and am lookin for something better for sound.

2009 Ford Mustang V6

Re: Infinity reference componet set
Wednesday, January 04, 2006 9:13 PM
What's the model? I have the 6010cs, and have plenty of pictures of my install.

Wednesday, January 04, 2006 9:58 PM
yea that was them

2009 Ford Mustang V6
Thursday, January 05, 2006 12:05 PM
i have them. they sound 10 times better than my 4x6 pioneers.

installing is easy. you already have 6 1/2's so mounting is easy. you just mount the corssover somewhere (i did mine in the door cubby's). the wire from the headunit goes to the crossover. then the corssover has an output for the 6 1/2 and for the tweeter. really easy. i just mounted my tweeter right at the top corner of the door by the inside of the mirrors. if you don't want holes, use velcro, thats what i did.

GO PATS!!!
Thursday, January 05, 2006 7:17 PM
Sparks (The Redneck) wrote:i have them. they sound 10 times better than my 4x6 pioneers.

installing is easy. you already have 6 1/2's so mounting is easy. you just mount the corssover somewhere (i did mine in the door cubby's). the wire from the headunit goes to the crossover. then the corssover has an output for the 6 1/2 and for the tweeter. really easy. i just mounted my tweeter right at the top corner of the door by the inside of the mirrors. if you don't want holes, use velcro, thats what i did.

Exactly how I did it, down to the tweeter location. I went ahead and drilled holes though, looks really clean... except for the fact that I broke off my mirror handle putting the door panel back on!

I put my crossover in a ziplock bag and taped it closed to keep water off of it. When I had my doors taken apart and had just set the crossover inside the door, the next morning it had water on it, just from the dew, rain would be much worse.

Thursday, January 05, 2006 8:53 PM
Sparks (The Redneck) wrote:i have them. they sound 10 times better than my 4x6 pioneers.

Got a few pics of the install? I was thinking of going components and i'd like to see how your tweeters look.
Friday, January 06, 2006 8:14 AM
02Cavy wrote:

Got a few pics of the install? I was thinking of going components and i'd like to see how your tweeters look.

Here you go:

Note the missing mirror handle... like I said above, I broke it off when I put the door panel back on.

And there's a picture of what the 6.5 looks like mounted on an Ebay adapter. I had run the tweeter through the hole for the door clip as a temporary measure, it was obviously moved for the final install.

Friday, January 06, 2006 8:16 AM
thats pretty much how mine looked...'cept i put mine down on the flat part of the door panel.

GO PATS!!!
Friday, January 06, 2006 12:07 PM
same with mine

Saturday, January 07, 2006 12:52 AM
I mounted the cross over of my Reference 5.25 speakers right above the mid woofer. THen I fluff mounted the tweeter right between the handel and dash. But I do not have the door look button there. So keep that in mind.

Saturday, January 07, 2006 10:47 AM
(flush mounted)*****

Saturday, January 07, 2006 10:49 AM
Dont bother with the 4x6 plates. I have the polk/momo plates and the sound is good, but its got almost no mids and not a hint of midbass. I plan on picking up a set of memphis m class 6.5" compontents soon.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search