rattling noise - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
rattling noise
Tuesday, January 03, 2006 3:43 PM
i have after market speakers and my bass is set at medium power but when i play my radio loud the right side is rattling like crazy. does anyone else experience this is so did u fix it and how?? p.s. they're sony xplod

Re: rattling noise
Tuesday, January 03, 2006 5:03 PM
Have you checked to see if there is a gap between the speaker shell and the speaker hole, if there is you can cut a piece of rubber to fit the shell and then re install.

Play hard, Drive fast, and Be safe...
Wednesday, January 04, 2006 3:38 PM
Take the door panels off... does it still rattle?

If not it is something on the panel or the panel itself. Try holding different spots of the panel and see if that helps. My whole panels were rattling like crazy and it wasn't even the part that was touching the car, it was from the whole panel resonating. So i ended up dynamatting the back of them and they are quiet now.

If it isn't the entire door panel I think there have been problems with the window cranks making noise, although I dont know anything about that cause I have power windows. Soemone else will surely chime in though.

And if it still rattles with the door off, make an mdf panel to attach them to if you don't have them on one already. That will eliminate them rattling against the door, or the door vibrating at the point of the speaker. Then proceed to find anything else that is rattling in the door. The metal "L" piece that the door handle attaches too is going to be rattling, but just hold on to that with your hand while you check for other rattles because it will be secured and rattle free once you put the door panel back on.

Rattles aren't that tough to find, but you are actually going to have to take the door panel off and do some work to find out what it is.

Wednesday, January 04, 2006 5:41 PM
welcome to car audio in a J-body. i used carpet padding to somewhat help my rattles.

GO PATS!!!
Wednesday, January 04, 2006 7:19 PM
I know that the rubber seal on the inside of window sometimes rattles against the glass. It is a pain to stop it from rattling though.
Wednesday, January 04, 2006 8:25 PM
if you have manual windows, it's probably the crank. That's what rattles on mine. Anyone know how to get my crank to stop rattleing?
Thursday, January 05, 2006 8:04 AM
yea i wrapped a 3 " pieace of plastic from a garbage bag around it and it stop seriously. but the thing is its the panel that hold the rear speakers that rattles
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search