power locks and fuses - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
power locks and fuses
Monday, January 02, 2006 11:41 PM
Ok this is just something i need suggestions about. i installed my power locks i got from Autoloc and they work great. Heres what im wondering tho. i have the power wire run straight to the batery, should i run it to a fuse in the fuse block? Sometime im goin to be installin power windows and an alarm system. Is there a way i can add another fuse to the fuse block for my locks,windows and then one for my alarm? Another thing question is. if its possible to do that then is it possible to then wire one of tthose knock sneser things that autoloc has then to the locks incase the fuse blows for the locks then i can just knock somewhere and the locks would open? Does any of this make sence to anyone??

1998 Sunfire, 2.2L auto

Re: power locks and fuses
Tuesday, January 03, 2006 1:55 AM
can you show me pictures of your install???

"Sunfire got stolen, all i have is the J to remember it by"
Wednesday, January 04, 2006 6:45 PM
Did you install the power locks with keyless entry also. If so, were you able to get the parking lights to flash when you lock/unlock you car?
Thursday, January 05, 2006 1:56 AM
not yet im waitin for warmer weather. If you go to Autoloc.com and look up the PDF files on the products they tell you excatly what to do for it. i know you need a 30/40 amp relay

1998 Sunfire, 2.2L auto
Tuesday, January 10, 2006 4:21 AM
ok so i was just looking at my alarm install book and i noticed that i dont have to install the whole wiring for my door locks...i just need to find unlock/lock and my alarm does the rest..awesome...saves time by not having to lay out wiring all thruout the car...you should maybe lookinto this man

"Sunfire got stolen, all i have is the J to remember it by"
Tuesday, January 10, 2006 10:14 AM
you should always have a fuse, if you wired it to the battery, put it as close to the bat as possible. You should be able to add a fuse to the fuse box, you might even already have power going to the place where the power lock fuse would be in a stock install.

._____________________________.
Causa latet vis est notissima

DIY Clear 03+ Headlights

Thursday, January 12, 2006 10:24 PM
i have the autoloc kit, and sorry to go off topic, but were you able to program ur remotes? the kit works for me, but only manually. i can lock the doors if they're unlocked..but can't unlock them if they're locked

Friday, January 13, 2006 5:43 PM
Sounds to me that when u try to unlock the doors the accelator is gettin stuck maybe the rod isn't bent right? for the remotes i just pluged mine in and hit a bottun and both remotes worked. If u need i have pics of my install i just sent to DJ Silent because he needed help.

1998 Sunfire, 2.2L auto
Friday, January 13, 2006 8:59 PM
Fuse everything.

Ban low-performance cars, not high-performance ones.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search