No sub RCAs on deck, getting 'thermal' from amp - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
No sub RCAs on deck, getting 'thermal' from amp
Tuesday, January 03, 2006 7:13 PM
Hey guys, getting frustrated with this one. Trying to install a 12" Infinity with RF Punch P2002 amp, with an older sony deck that only has RCAs for the front and rear speakers, into a Honda Del Sol.

What we tried doing was connecting the RCAs in the rear output on the deck to the input on the amp. Everything else is correct (I think? Ground is good, power is good, fuse is 30A which matches amp, remote connected to the accessory wire on the harness), but when we turn on the deck, the amp turns on and goes into Thermal mode and wont do anything. Battery is good, we tried disconnecting the rear speakers (which I dont know if that has any bearing or not on the situation). Now this happens even before the sub or any wires connecting the sub are attached, so this is why its leading me towards the deck being the problem.

Anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks,
Dave

Re: No sub RCAs on deck, getting 'thermal' from am
Tuesday, January 03, 2006 8:03 PM
Sounds like the amp is fried

-Chris
Wednesday, January 04, 2006 12:20 PM
I litterally took the amp from my car in perfect 100% working condition and put it in his, I can't see how that would fry it.

Wednesday, January 04, 2006 12:33 PM
put it back in your car and see if his fried it...

GO PATS!!!
Wednesday, January 04, 2006 1:24 PM
I'll give it a shot, if thats the case I'll be pissed as @!#$ because he never payed me for it yet and he for sure wont pay me for a broken amp, and its worthless to me if its busted. I'll hope for the best I guess.

Any other suggestions?

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search