speakers in the back seat on the sides, 04 sunfire - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
speakers in the back seat on the sides, 04 sunfire
Saturday, December 31, 2005 9:34 PM
kinda hard to explain where im talking about but it like where the arm rest like part is in the back seat, the plastic that goes up the side around the window? just wonder how a 61/2 in each side would sound or any other speaker? not worried about rear passengers just over all quality

thanks

The one, the only, ME.

Re: speakers in the back seat on the sides, 04 sun
Sunday, January 01, 2006 10:34 AM
I have a 6 1/2, 5 1/4, and a 2 inch tweeter in that compartment, fits fine.

---------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.cardomain.com/id/lanman31337

Sponsored by:
JLCaudio.net
Sunday, January 01, 2006 2:47 PM
Don't use rear speakers if you want a quality setup.

09 HHR LS, Wife's Car
05 Cavalier, Clarion DXZ375MP, Autotek MM8000.5 & 13Kv.2, wife's old car, updates coming soon
Monday, January 02, 2006 9:44 AM
here's how it would look with a 5 1/4..... you guys can tell me how beautiful it is later

Tuesday, January 03, 2006 10:01 AM
well im not so much worried about looks just the quality of the sound doesnt look bad at all though

The one, the only, ME.
Tuesday, January 03, 2006 10:46 AM
sound wise, it boosted a little bit.... those speakers right there are sh*t pioneer 5 1/4 $50 best buy special, but the people in the back seat can't hear anything but music and i don't have a box anymore in my trunk so maybe they do do pretty good on sound i've never rode in the back seat of this car and the most time i've spent back there is when i was working on my interior so ???????????? but try it out, it aint gunna hurt to put more speakers in your car

Wednesday, January 04, 2006 3:40 PM
Waste of time. Your sound stage needs to be up front, concentrate on good front speakers and you will never want rear ones again.

Wednesday, January 04, 2006 4:05 PM
Skyler Prahl wrote:Waste of time. Your sound stage needs to be up front, concentrate on good front speakers and you will never want rear ones again.

Very true.

Wide Body Progress

Thursday, January 05, 2006 1:53 PM
Heres my rear speakers:

LOL

-Nate (ZeeTwankyFo)

Thursday, January 05, 2006 6:16 PM
VERY NICE hahaha but a little more then im going for lol

The one, the only, ME.
Saturday, January 07, 2006 6:27 AM
Skyler Prahl wrote:Waste of time. Your sound stage needs to be up front, concentrate on good front speakers and you will never want rear ones again.

Unless your rocking 5.1 surround then it matters.... LOL

Saturday, January 07, 2006 10:50 AM
i still never understand why everyone wants a front sound stage. i always prefer being surrounded by my music that just geting blasted by it in front of me. music without rear fill sounds like its missing something to me.

either way though, if you have 6x9's in the rear deck, then there shouldnt be a reason to add more rear fill. more speakers doesnt = SQ. if you just want loud, go for it.

Saturday, January 07, 2006 9:26 PM
Verts have the rear speakers right there. If you want a clean stock look you may look into what can be swapped in.

I agree with SomeGuy, that whole "front soundstage" bs is just that, bs. I like being fully enveloped by the music.

Sunday, January 08, 2006 6:40 PM
SomeGuy wrote:i still never understand why everyone wants a front sound stage. i always prefer being surrounded by my music that just geting blasted by it in front of me. music without rear fill sounds like its missing something to me.

either way though, if you have 6x9's in the rear deck, then there shouldnt be a reason to add more rear fill. more speakers doesnt = SQ. if you just want loud, go for it.

because to allot of us nothing compares to a live performance, and when your at a live performance the band is usually in front of you. not surrounding you. when you have a proper system setup righ the sound will blow you away. the problem is most people havent heard a really quality soundstage so it sounds dull and lifeless.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Sunday, January 08, 2006 7:36 PM
sndsgood wrote:
SomeGuy wrote:i still never understand why everyone wants a front sound stage. i always prefer being surrounded by my music that just geting blasted by it in front of me. music without rear fill sounds like its missing something to me.

because to allot of us nothing compares to a live performance, and when your at a live performance the band is usually in front of you. not surrounding you. when you have a proper system setup righ the sound will blow you away. the problem is most people havent heard a really quality soundstage so it sounds dull and lifeless.

the only reason they dont put speakers behind you at a live performance is cuz its to much of a hassle. Live performances arent that great so who cares if your music is in front of you like at a live performance. I see it as get good ass speakers up front get good ass speakers in the back amp them and have a happy ol day. And if your that worried about front sound stage get a pontiac fiero or an mr2 or another mid engine car and put subs in the front to. peace

Sunday, January 08, 2006 7:37 PM
Front soundstage is VERY important.
You can still be 'enveloped' in your music without rear speakers, and this is where we bring in subs.

Sunday, January 08, 2006 7:41 PM
subs in the rear but what about a front sound stage OH NO!! FRONT SOUNDSTAGE !!!

Sunday, January 08, 2006 9:36 PM
J K (91_CRX) wrote:subs in the rear but what about a front sound stage OH NO!! FRONT SOUNDSTAGE !!!

Exactly what i was gonna say.
Tuesday, January 10, 2006 8:00 AM
sndsgood wrote:

thats just the thing though, i never go to live performances nor do i download the live versions of songs. i'd much rather go to a theater with surround sound then a bunch of speakers up in the front. i guess it's different depending on the music you listen to, cause i listen mostly to himp hop and R&B. i can see why someone who might listen to rock might like it.

if you really wanna feel like your at a concert though, get the music coming in from the front speakers and then have 5000 people sit in your back seat and scream and cheer.

Tuesday, January 10, 2006 10:10 AM
I go to alot of show but the whol sound sage thing ins over rated imo. yes it sorta sounds like a concert hence on the Sorta i go to live shows to see a band rock out..... thats why you go to a concert not for the music quailty...... so next time go to a concert and stand by the speakers... then to emulate it in inr your car by straping a sub and a 6/9 to your head you emulate it perfectly..... does that make it the best sound quality nope.......
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search