left speaker sounds like a chipmunk!! - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
left speaker sounds like a chipmunk!!
Monday, January 02, 2006 3:59 PM
ok i have the 6.5" component set from CDT and we got the left side speaker mounted and started on the left side and we wanted to make sure that it was working right so we started the car everything sounded good and we closed the door. Then when we opened it again as the car is still running... all of the words sounded like a chipmunk on speed was talking. What happened that its making that noise?

Re: left speaker sounds like a chipmunk!!
Monday, January 02, 2006 6:04 PM
Is it just coming from the tweeter?

Monday, January 02, 2006 6:36 PM
no its coming from the hole left side the speakers and tweeder!... and now i was just running out to walmart and i found out there is a static sound in the right speakers.

Monday, January 02, 2006 7:51 PM
Are they amped?

Monday, January 02, 2006 8:06 PM
yes'm

Monday, January 02, 2006 8:42 PM
check and make sure either one of the wires aren't touching each other anywhere or that one didnt come off and come in contact with metal. thats what it sounds like to me.

2009 Ford Mustang V6
Monday, January 02, 2006 11:37 PM
cut the bass frequencies out of the speaker and see if it cleans up... if it does then your speaker is touching the panel or a part of the door causing it to be muffled..could also be those wires

14.82 @ 97 mph
Tuesday, January 03, 2006 1:22 PM
ok ill check it out... ill be back in touch with you guys soon and hopefully with good news

Tuesday, January 03, 2006 3:18 PM
ok thanks guys for all the help. the problem was that the speaker conetion was loose and when we put it in the door the speaker wire bent enough that the contector came off. so i just closed it up a little bit more and put it back on and now its working all good.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search