Head Unit - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Head Unit
Sunday, January 01, 2006 11:32 PM
I was just wondering what is better for a deck i am looking at alpines CDA-9855 or Pioneers DEH-P9600MP. Since one cost around a hundred bucks more, i dont really mind the prices unless anyone can suggest to me another brand that has better features for less. I would like one that plays Atrac3. But the only ones i have seen do that are Sony. My current deck is a pioneer premier D-EHP650. it doesnt play MP3s and its an early 2003 model so buying an ipod with the adaptor is out of the question. Any suggestions

Re: Head Unit
Monday, January 02, 2006 10:35 AM
If you go with alpine, you won't be dissapointed by the quality. I have a 9851 and it's great, a definate step up from my sony.

Monday, January 02, 2006 12:57 PM
the one thing ive found with alpines is that the controls are pretty hard to figure out... at least for me anyway.

Check out my build thread!

Monday, January 02, 2006 3:10 PM
i would try and find a pioneer premiere dealer and get a dehp960MP, it's a nice unit 2 yr warranty 6.5V preouts, seperate front n rear filters, 12db/octive xovers, time alignment is in cm/inch i beleve, all round i find this is a better deck than an alpine @ the same pricepoint!

1st 1st gen on air.....
Monday, January 02, 2006 3:18 PM
I have had both Pioneer and Alpine. I heard that Pioneer uses cheaper parts for the itnernal portion, but I don't know if this is true. I like the performance of Alpine better, although the high end Pioneer's really can't be beat.

C.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search