XM Roady2 install in 98 Cavalier - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
XM Roady2 install in 98 Cavalier
Sunday, January 01, 2006 4:44 PM
I picked up one of the Roady2's a few days ago and mounted the antenna on the trunk like Corsica Dude shows (here)
except I ran the wire inside the reinforcing and used the small hole in the stock clips to hold the wire in place.

Wire then runs thru driver side panelling and up to the headliner, down the a pillar and accross the bottom of the dash.

problems I'm having:
powering the XM radio for auto on/off operation since the lighter socket is always on, and crappy to boot (hard to get any accessory plug to stay connected & not interfere with stearing)

using aux input on the stock radio
I believe that the stock radio has cd changer support, but i remember someone telling me it uses a propreitary digital audio interface (not spdif) and people want $40 for the adapter
is there any cheap way to get input to the stock head unit?

Re: XM Roady2 install in 98 Cavalier
Sunday, January 01, 2006 6:02 PM
fm trnasmitter

Sunday, January 01, 2006 6:03 PM
yea, just tune into one of the test stations in the booklet and you can sync the two for free.

Wednesday, January 04, 2006 4:29 AM
Ok, I managed to solve my power issue by using a fuse-tap on the fusepanel, cost me $10 for the tap & lighter socket. Used a screw near the bottom of the dash for ground.

Problem I've been having with the fm transmitter is the area I live has a filled spectrum. There are places where you get 2 or 3 stations broadcasting on the same freq overlapping and the freqs to choose from in the XM radio are mostly used by local high-wattage stations Clearchannel / Cumulous's little way of sticking it to sat radio customers I suppose.

Thanks for the suggestions and the previous posts on the subject.
Wednesday, January 04, 2006 6:18 AM
Wired FM modulator is probably gonna be your best bet then.

-Chris
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search