Two Amps - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Two Amps
Friday, December 30, 2005 9:08 PM
I did a search for hooking up two amps and found the information about the one wire into a distribution block, but I have a question about the RCA Jacks. I currently have two mtx 10" subs hooked to a kenwood amp using one pair of RCA jacks ran from the radio. I am going to be running two MTX 12" and two MTX 10" hooked to two MTX Thunder 564. One 12 and 10 inch sub for each Side. Would you recommend me splitting the RCA Jack into 4, two off the left and two off the right and plugging them each into the two amps. Or put the left RCA jack into one amp and the Right RCA jack into the other one. I'm kind of new to the electronics section. I had a friend hook up the speakers and amp last time, but he won't be able to do it this time.

Thanks,
Josh

Re: Two Amps
Friday, December 30, 2005 9:30 PM
Oh boy...thats a whole can of worms right there.

Saturday, December 31, 2005 4:30 PM
^^^

Most amps have RCA outputs as well as inputs, so run the rcas into one amp and then out to the other.

Mixing different sized subs together is a bad idea, especially if you don't know what you're doing.

-Chris
Sunday, January 01, 2006 3:20 PM
Didn't know that two size subs would be such a problem. So you would recommend me getting 4 10's instead of 2 10's and 2 12's?

Thanks,
Josh
Sunday, January 01, 2006 3:34 PM
Yep, as long as they're 4 of the same 10s, mix and match can be a headache.

-Chris
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search