Sirius/RCA Adapter - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Sirius/RCA Adapter
Friday, December 30, 2005 9:27 AM
Ok, check this out...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Alpine-XM-Sirius-iPOD-Aux-Input-Ai-Net-to-RCA-Adapter_W0QQitemZ5846383269QQcategoryZ60208QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

So-- my questions is; I can plug this thing(1st pic) into the CD changer interface, then I use the adapter to go from my Sirius reciever to the female plugs of the interface? I am getting a lot of static from my Sirius reciever.

I see previous posts on this, but I was not sure if this is the thing that everyone is talkin about?

Thanks,
Chris

Re: Sirius/RCA Adapter
Friday, December 30, 2005 9:32 AM
Not sure if thats the same exact part my installer is using, but they did say that it's possible to do this to eliminate the static and make a direct connection. Mine is static-filled as well, just waiting for that part to come in.
Friday, December 30, 2005 9:36 AM
So it does go through the CD changer interface? And I was looking at the sirius reciever, and the only plug I see for that jack to fit into is the "Audio" plug. IS this correct?

Thanks,
Chris
Friday, December 30, 2005 4:09 PM
Ok,
Since my Alpine CDE-9845 does not have a CD changer input, it does have 1 AUX plug. I found THIS on eBay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ALPINE-Auxiliary-Input-Adapter-AI-NET-IPOD-MP3-CDE-9845_W0QQitemZ5847529284QQcategoryZ60208QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

It says that it will work with iPod and MP3, but it should also work with Sirius or XM recievers, correct? I can get the adapter to go from my Sirius reciever to the female plugs from the AUX? This should work, right?

Thanks,
Chris Osborn
Friday, December 30, 2005 4:13 PM
The way I had mine set up was with a headphone (male) plug from the Siruis receiver into RCA jacks to the back of my deck.

Friday, December 30, 2005 4:21 PM
Wait, what kind of deck do you have? So what you're saying it goes male headphone plug into the sirius reciever with male RCA's on the other side to female RCA's going to the AUX on the deck?

C.
Saturday, December 31, 2005 12:36 AM
exactly. I don't know if you have an AUX IN females on your deck, but mine did and sounded great.

Saturday, December 31, 2005 1:01 AM
Get this or the same thing at ebay and then get a headphone jack to rca like this

You might have static but that is basically the only way to do it unless u want to do fm transmitter or i have seen ones that use the antenna for the input but i can't find it. I saw it at best buy.

-Seth

Saturday, December 31, 2005 2:07 PM
So my alpine deck (cde-9845) has an AUX input. So this WILL work?

Chris
Saturday, December 31, 2005 2:35 PM
O - i didn't notice u had a 9845. This wont work on yours because urs isn't versatile link read. My 9847 is and so thats what i used. I'll try to find that antenna adapter for u today. That and a fm transmitter are prolly the only ways to go.

-Seth

Saturday, December 31, 2005 2:39 PM
If your Sirius unit has an audio out and your deck has an AUX input it should work I don't see why not. I used my Sirius like this and sounded perfect.

Monday, January 02, 2006 11:44 AM
From Crutchfield

The CDE-9845 is equipped with a rear-mounted 3.5mm female mini-jack auxiliary input. In the Setup menu, you can activate/deactivate the Aux Input. When activated, you can choose a name for the input from the following: Auxiliary, TV, VCR, or Game.

So all you will need is a cable with a 3.5mm Stereo Male plug on the end that goes into 9845 and the other end will depend on what the aux device has for the audio out. My Sirius reciever has a 3.5mm plug. Go to radioshack and get the wire it shouldn't cost more than $4.
Monday, January 02, 2006 2:04 PM
Ok, its all installed... only thing is, I get some background static/noise (when engine is high on RPM) or when idle and sirius reciever is muted.

Can't really notice it otherwise, only when unit is muted.

C.
Monday, January 02, 2006 6:01 PM
^^^My mp3 player into the back of my 9847 is the same way.

-Seth

Monday, January 02, 2006 7:49 PM
Chris Osborn wrote:Ok, its all installed... only thing is, I get some background static/noise (when engine is high on RPM) or when idle and sirius reciever is muted.

Can't really notice it otherwise, only when unit is muted.

C.
What type of sirius receiver do you have? Filling out your profile would be tons helpful. Can you turn off the wireless FM transmitter? Is there volume buttons on the Sirius?

Wednesday, January 04, 2006 8:10 AM
I turned off the FM transmitter and yes, there is volume control on the reciever. I guess I can try to turn that down, that should help?

THanks,
C.
Wednesday, January 04, 2006 10:17 AM
95Vet wrote:If your Sirius unit has an audio out and your deck has an AUX input it should work I don't see why not. I used my Sirius like this and sounded perfect.

Same here, had to buy a headphone style jack to male RCA's (Sears), then female RCA's to AINET adapter (eBay). MUCH BETTER THAN THAT FM MODULATED BS!

I had the Starmate.

Wednesday, January 04, 2006 9:43 PM
Joe Schulte (JoeDM) wrote:
95Vet wrote:If your Sirius unit has an audio out and your deck has an AUX input it should work I don't see why not. I used my Sirius like this and sounded perfect.

Same here, had to buy a headphone style jack to male RCA's (Sears), then female RCA's to AINET adapter (eBay). MUCH BETTER THAN THAT FM MODULATED BS!

I had the Starmate.
Same one I have.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search