Anyone know much about Cadence/MTX speakers??? - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Anyone know much about Cadence/MTX speakers???
Saturday, December 31, 2005 1:06 AM
I'm looking into some new speakers for my cav. I blew my stock up front, and it's definately time to get some new 6x9s too. I'm looking at Cadence stuff and also the new line of MTX Thunder Dome-axials. Anyone have much experience or know anything about these brands. I've got a guy that can hook me up for pretty cheap.

I'm gonna be running of HU power(Alpine CDE-9843) till I can afford an amp. I'm looking at MTX and Cadence, but am open to others if u know something that works good w/o an amp. I want a 6x9 that puts out good bass especially, even if it is underpowered.

Oh, and I'll probably put 6.5" components up front. Lookin to spend around $140 for components, and $120 the 6x9s. Or should I just go with 4x6's if I'm not gonna amp the components??? Thanks

Re: Anyone know much about Cadence/MTX speakers???
Saturday, December 31, 2005 7:28 AM
I like my Cadence 6.5" components. They are a little power hungry though and sound 10x better when amped (most components do). I personally wouldn't run components with amping them.

Re: Anyone know much about Cadence/MTX speakers???
Monday, January 02, 2006 12:36 AM
We sell MTX at Circuit City. THey are by far the best sounding speakers we sell. NO CONTEST. I love the way components sound. But ya, amp them. It improves any set of speakers.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search