Retained Accessory Power? - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Retained Accessory Power?
Thursday, December 29, 2005 11:19 AM
I'm Trying to hook up my New XM Roady2 that I got for christmas, my question is where can I find a wire to hook up to so that the XM reciever will come on when the car does, and stay on until I open the door. I found something about a brown wire when I searched, but there wasn't a location for it. My car is a 2002 Z24 with the RDS AM/FM/CD/Tape Player. If there isn't one a RAP wire, then should I just hook it up to the fusepanel somewhere like the wipers fuse?

Re: Retained Accessory Power?
Thursday, December 29, 2005 4:53 PM
So I'm guessing you cut the cigarette plug off? Check the plug to make sure, but I'm pretty sure the adaptory knocks the voltage down to like 5 or 6 volts. If I'm right, you cant just cut the plug off and hook it up to a wire.

-Chris
Thursday, December 29, 2005 5:27 PM
i would take teh radio acc wire and wire it to a relay to control the xm...thats what im gonna do

Thursday, December 29, 2005 5:37 PM
well i looked in my service manual. there is a pink wire that goes back to the amp(if you have monsoon) that is a remote wire. i'll check what actually gives RAP though

Thursday, December 29, 2005 10:29 PM
RAP is part of the radio. The radio always has power, the BCM tells it to turn on and off (thus, the BCMis what "retains" the power... by delaying the "turn off" message to the radio until you open the door).

Unless you have that pink wire on the Monsoon (or factory amplified system), there is no wire, unless you replace the factory head unit with an aftermarket chime module that includes an output wire for RAP.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search