Removing Front Door Panel- 4x6 - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Removing Front Door Panel- 4x6
Thursday, December 29, 2005 3:26 PM
Hey guys,
I searched, but could not find anything on this. How do I remove the front door panel so I can replace the speakers?

Thanks,
Chris

Re: Removing Front Door Panel- 4x6
Thursday, December 29, 2005 3:36 PM
Thursday, December 29, 2005 3:45 PM
so uh...i looked around on that link and didn't find any how to on removing the door...

the door has 3 screws at the bottom of the door. take those out. then there's two screws in the door handle in the arm rest. take those out. everything else is just kind of a snap that holds it in place. just pull gently along the edges and work your way around.

the real fun part is getting it back on. its a PITA, just make sure you hook the top of the panel over the window area first.

GO PATS!!!
Thursday, December 29, 2005 4:00 PM
Ok... I have no problems taking the screws out, etc. What about the window crank? I keep reading about a special tool I need (TFMotion) from GM. But others say I can use a screw driver? I am unclear on this step.

Any help? I just don't wanna @!#$ it up.
Thanks,
Chris
Thursday, December 29, 2005 4:14 PM
ah damn. i didn't know you had no power. i've got power everything so i don't run in to that problem. well...someone else will help eventually.

GO PATS!!!
Thursday, December 29, 2005 4:22 PM
Thursday, December 29, 2005 5:00 PM
thanks so much! it is appreciated.

C.
Thursday, December 29, 2005 5:16 PM
Be especially careful putting them back on if you have manual mirrors... I broke the handle off of mine putting my panels back on the other day Now I'll have to roll down the window to adjust my mirror.

Monday, April 10, 2006 9:17 AM
http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=45&i=55293&t=54266&start=0

the pics dont work anymore, but the information is still there.

in my sedan, there were 3 screws under the door pannel and 2 on the side. there are also 2 in the door pannel where you grab the door to pull it shut. there was also one on the pannel right under the a-pillar at the front of the door on the other side of where the mirror would be on the outside of the car.

there is a c-clip holding the window crank on. there is lots of info on the "rag method". it works well and doesnt cost anything. i bought a tool for $2.50 for removing interior pieces like those snap in plastic things, works well.

once the window crank is removed, grab hold of the door in yank. there are some plastic things holding the door pannel on the metal of the door. lift over the lip of the window and your done.

thats it pretty much in a nutshell, check that link out for more detailed info. next time use the search button at the top of the forum page. took me less than 5 minutes to find that link.

Injection is nice but id rather be BLOWN!
Monday, April 10, 2006 12:58 PM
holy back from the dead!!!!!!! its been 4 months...i think he probably got it by now.

GO PATS!!!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search