How to Make On/Off Switch for Power Inverter - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
How to Make On/Off Switch for Power Inverter
Wednesday, December 28, 2005 8:41 AM
like the topic says does anyone know how to make a on and off switch for a power inverter so that i dont damage my xbox when turning the ignition.

Re: How to Make On/Off Switch for Power Inverter
Wednesday, December 28, 2005 8:58 AM
buy a simple switch, wire the inverter's ground to the frame, wire the constant power to the middle prong, and wire the inverters power to the prong on the side of the switch you want to be "on"

That's how I figure it'd go. Some switches come with a ground prong and tell you to wire it differently. They usually come with an installation manual on how to wire them.

Why not just wire the inverter to an accessory power wire. I doubt your X-box will be damaged as all inverter's I've seen come with a small fuse to protect themselves and the devices.
Wednesday, December 28, 2005 10:27 AM
cause when the xbox is off it still draws power and in the ignition part of the car the volt go on and off. causing my xbox hard drive to frag thus causing it to go bad. but ill look into that switch part of it thanks...
Wednesday, December 28, 2005 12:57 PM
well i ripped apart the invert i had. it had a switch on it already, i jsut extended those wires. you could just interrupt the hot wire to the inverter

Wednesday, December 28, 2005 1:15 PM
I would wire up a relay, when the car is on, the inverter powers up. Car off, inverter off. Google how to wire up a simple relay.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search